The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This Summer in Football

Go down 
+6
Hellz-Bellz
Nerd85
SoxNats08
SilverNBlackAttack
lebron jam24
SimsZilla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-02-17

This Summer in Football Empty
PostSubject: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:14 am

The coach wants us all to run a mile in 5:30 seconds. That is insane. I am 5'5 and 150 and i can usually run a mile in 6:30ish. But 5:30, ridiculous. Also I have idea what posistion i am going to play this year. He doesen't tell you till August and i have no clue. I like playing DB but i am a little small for that.
Back to top Go down
lebron jam24
Bench player
lebron jam24

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:23 am

SimsZilla wrote:
The coach wants us all to run a mile in 5:30 seconds. That is insane. I am 5'5 and 150 and i can usually run a mile in 6:30ish. But 5:30, ridiculous. Also I have idea what posistion i am going to play this year. He doesen't tell you till August and i have no clue. I like playing DB but i am a little small for that.

Wow a 5:30 mile i run my mile in about 7:00 i would never be able to run a mile in 5:30
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:26 am

lebron jam24 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:

Wow a 5:30 mile i run my mile in about 7:00 i would never be able to run a mile in 5:30
yeah, i am not going to do it, i will try my hardest
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:11 am

At least your coach dosent make you run with 100 pounds on you.

My coach makes everyone durring the summer run track, miles anything the only catch is you have to have a 100+ pound bag on your back which is hell after awhile. But it is working. I can see our RB will be beasting people.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : This Summer in Football Admin

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:14 am

Thank god I stopped playing football.... As for the mile, I might be able to do it if I sprinted the whole thing in 5:30.... maybe. Like 30% chances of it happening.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:17 am

I will just do it like in 7 minutes and tell him to cry
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:48 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Thank god I stopped playing football.... As for the mile, I might be able to do it if I sprinted the whole thing in 5:30.... maybe. Like 30% chances of it happening.

No offense, but even if you sprinted you would die before you make it. I mean I would die too. Less than 30%
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 10:55 am

Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

No offense, but even if you sprinted you would die before you make it. I mean I would die too. Less than 30%

None taken, but my point is that if I really really wanted to and I didn't give up, I think I could.
Back to top Go down
Hellz-Bellz
Bench player
Hellz-Bellz

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:31 am

i play DT so i dont gotta run the mile, i run it in like 10
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

he may be telling your to run in 5:30 just because he knows you will all do it in 7.. just to mess with your heads. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:07 pm

I take it that 1. This isn't high school (Or at least Varsity) football, and 2. Your coach is a fucking retard.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:04 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
I take it that 1. This isn't high school (Or at least Varsity) football, and 2. Your coach is a fucking retard.

yeah for real your coach must be a damn moron because thats impossible

so he wants all the o-lineman to slim down and get quick enough to run a mile in 5:30

that is the stupidest idea ive heard

also how fast you run the mile has no bearing on what you can do on the football field because in football it is about short bursts of power and speed, not 5:30 worth of power and speed

now if youre talking football meaning soccer, then running the mile in 5:30 might, and i mean might be understandable
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:26 pm

Big_Z wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

yeah for real your coach must be a damn moron because thats impossible

so he wants all the o-lineman to slim down and get quick enough to run a mile in 5:30

that is the stupidest idea ive heard

also how fast you run the mile has no bearing on what you can do on the football field because in football it is about short bursts of power and speed, not 5:30 worth of power and speed

now if youre talking football meaning soccer, then running the mile in 5:30 might, and i mean might be understandable
no no no, its 5:30 for under 170, then 171-220 6:00 and so on

and this is varsity high school football
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:26 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

None taken, but my point is that if I really really wanted to and I didn't give up, I think I could.

fastest mile i ever ran was like 6:30 and i was almost sprinting the whole time, its really hard to run a 5:30 mile...
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:03 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

fastest mile i ever ran was like 6:30 and i was almost sprinting the whole time, its really hard to run a 5:30 mile...

Not really THAT hard, you just gotta be really athletic.

That said, it really isn't the best indicator / training method for football.

Short distance drills (for our varsity team, we had cones, ladders, sand pit, and tumbling in the wrestling room) are much better.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:05 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Yea my point is like if I really really wanted to like life or death or something I could Smile
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:31 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Yea my point is like if I really really wanted to like life or death or something I could Smile

oh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Summer in Football   This Summer in Football Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Summer in Football
Page 1 of 1