The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hate the red wings

Go down 
+5
steel66
Nerd85
Touchdown Jesus!
Desert Demon
Hellz-Bellz
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you hate the red wings?
Yes
I hate the red wings Vote_lcap36%I hate the red wings Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
No
I hate the red wings Vote_lcap64%I hate the red wings Vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Hellz-Bellz
Bench player
Hellz-Bellz

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-26

I hate the red wings Empty
PostSubject: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:59 pm

Vote on it!
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:07 pm

No.

I was rooting for the Penguins to win, I wanted them to win.

But the Red Wings just flat out dominated the majority of this series, especially defensively that final 3rd quarter.

Props and respect to them - they really earned it.

I'm also impressed with the Penguins fans who stayed to watch the ceremony out of respect.

Unfortunately, it appears not all can be so classy.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:11 pm

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo DETROIT ROCK CITY BABAY
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964
Personalized field : I hate the red wings Admin

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Hockey sucks anyway.
Back to top Go down
steel66
Starter
steel66

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:10 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

Fuck you.

And Hellz, yeah I'm pissed. If they would have flat out outplayed us, I wouldn't have minded. But they won by playing dirty as hell. Fucking Kronwall left his feet every time he went to check someone (a penalty for those who aren't hockey fans). Fucking Holmstrom got his shots (fucking checked him last game) in on Fleury and other guys when Gill wasn't on the ice. Lindstrom and pretty much their entire defense grabbed on to the Penguins as soon as they crossed center ice. Osgood is now the most overrated G in the NHL. He played extremely dirty the whole series, he was worse than Brodeur.

The shitty thing is, all the announcers said was that was good defense. Not even in regards to that, but they already decided who was going to win the series in Game 1. They talked down on the Pens every chance they got. I'm surprised they even noticed Fleury's 55 saves.
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:24 am

hockey is boring to watch
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:58 am

Pats, your wrong. Razz

I watched some of the game that went to the 3 OT and it was pretty fun to watch, all the stealing and transitioning..

Go Red Wings Very Happy

My friend lives in Michigian so i gess im a red wings fan alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:38 am

the red wings won
Back to top Go down
steel66
Starter
steel66

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
Pats, your wrong. Razz

I watched some of the game that went to the 3 OT and it was pretty fun to watch, all the stealing and transitioning..

Go Red Wings Very Happy

Fuck you AND YOUR FRIEND!
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:08 pm

steel66 wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
Pats, your wrong. Razz

Go Red Wings Very Happy

Fu you AND YOUR FRIEND!

Are you on your period all of a sudden?

You're swearing alot recently.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:44 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
the red wings won

we're not retarded PD
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
steel66
Starter
steel66

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
steel66 wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
Pats, your wrong. Razz

Go Red Wings Very Happy

Fu you AND YOUR FRIEND!

Are you on your period all of a sudden?

You're swearing alot recently.

Fuck you and YOUR FRIEND!
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
yeah, go detroit.
i hate hockey, but love the redwings
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:52 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
yeah, go detroit.

like the tigers?
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 pm

steel66 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

Fuck you.

And Hellz, yeah I'm pissed. If they would have flat out outplayed us, I wouldn't have minded. But they won by playing dirty as hell. Fucking Kronwall left his feet every time he went to check someone (a penalty for those who aren't hockey fans). Fucking Holmstrom got his shots (fucking checked him last game) in on Fleury and other guys when Gill wasn't on the ice. Lindstrom and pretty much their entire defense grabbed on to the Penguins as soon as they crossed center ice. Osgood is now the most overrated G in the NHL. He played extremely dirty the whole series, he was worse than Brodeur.

The shitty thing is, all the announcers said was that was good defense. Not even in regards to that, but they already decided who was going to win the series in Game 1. They talked down on the Pens every chance they got. I'm surprised they even noticed Fleury's 55 saves.

-announcers dont influence the outcome of the game
-osgood IS overrated
-detroits defense is no more dirty than any other team, the fact they usually only allow 18-22 shots a game is remarkable, the only reason you notice these dirty plays is because they're opposing your team. Your pens take more sticks then shots.
-they're talking down the pens BECAUSE they allowed 58 shots (and in the game before I think its was 69)
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
yeah, go detroit.

like the tigers?
yep
Back to top Go down
steel66
Starter
steel66

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
steel66 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

Fuck you.

-announcers dont influence the outcome of the game
-osgood IS overrated
-detroits defense is no more dirty than any other team, the fact they usually only allow 18-22 shots a game is remarkable, the only reason you notice these dirty plays is because they're opposing your team. Your pens take more sticks then shots.
-they're talking down the pens BECAUSE they allowed 58 shots (and in the game before I think its was 69)

- Never said that they did. It was just frustrating to watch because of them.
- I know.
- Thats bullshit. Penguins went for the puck (most of the time) and the Red Wings went for the body (most of the time). I watched every game leading up to the Cup, the Red WIngs were by far the dirtiest. That's compared with two divisional opponents who always play us tough, so that's pretty bad. How many times did Fleury get checked in the Stanley Cup and how many times did he get checked during the rest of the playoffs?
- Not really. #1 they didn't give up 69 shots, and they only gave up 58 because it was almost 2 games (6 periods). #2 those were only Games 4 and 5, the announcers decided before Game 1 who they wanted to win.
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Milwaukee needs to get an NHL team. Laughing
Back to top Go down
steel66
Starter
steel66

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
Milwaukee needs to get an NHL team. Laughing

Do you actually like hockey?

Pittsburgh needs a NBA team, but we aren't trading the Penguins for one.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Quote :
- Never said that they did. It was just frustrating to watch because of them.
- I know.
- Thats bullshit. Penguins went for the puck (most of the time) and the Red Wings went for the body (most of the time). I watched every game leading up to the Cup, the Red WIngs were by far the dirtiest. That's compared with two divisional opponents who always play us tough, so that's pretty bad. How many times did Fleury get checked in the Stanley Cup and how many times did he get checked during the rest of the playoffs?
- Not really. #1 they didn't give up 69 shots, and they only gave up 58 because it was almost 2 games (6 periods). #2 those were only Games 4 and 5, the announcers decided before Game 1 who they wanted to win.

Wings dont play dirty, they play hockey, hockey is a physical sport... Maybe your pens should have been a bit more agressive. You might as well say the broncos play dirty football because they tackle people. And Fleury got checked because the pens tied up osgood and took his stick, and the pens then scored. Not to mention the wings got a penalty for it so it doesnt even really matter.

lets take a look at the shots on goal totals for each game, consistantly they were getting beaten, sometimes by 10+ more shots. You cant tell me that just because the redwings play "dirty" (even though they dont, they play rough hockey) is the reason they would dominate an entire game. And if your Penguins cant take rough hockey then they shouldnt be in the nhl, this is the pros, not some peewee ice hockey league you play when you're 8.

Game 1:
Pittsburgh - 19
Detroit - 36

Game 2:
Pittsburgh - 22
Detroit - 34

Game 3:
Pittsburgh - 24
Detroit - 34

Game 4:
Pittsburgh - 23
Detroit - 30

Game 5:
Pittsburgh - 32
Detroit - 58

Game 6:
Pittsburgh - 22
Detroit - 30
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:24 pm

I love all this random hockey talk and stats that I have no clue about.
Back to top Go down
steel66
Starter
steel66

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Wings dont play dirty, they play hockey, hockey is a physical sport... Maybe your pens should have been a bit more agressive. You might as well say the broncos play dirty football because they tackle people. And Fleury got checked because the pens tied up osgood and took his stick, and the pens then scored. Not to mention the wings got a penalty for it so it doesnt even really matter.

lets take a look at the shots on goal totals for each game, consistantly they were getting beaten, sometimes by 10+ more shots. You cant tell me that just because the redwings play "dirty" (even though they dont, they play rough hockey) is the reason they would dominate an entire game. And if your Penguins cant take rough hockey then they shouldnt be in the nhl, this is the pros, not some peewee ice hockey league you play when you're 8.

Game 1:
Pittsburgh - 19
Detroit - 36

Game 2:
Pittsburgh - 22
Detroit - 34

Game 3:
Pittsburgh - 24
Detroit - 34

Game 4:
Pittsburgh - 23
Detroit - 30

Game 5:
Pittsburgh - 32
Detroit - 58

Game 6:
Pittsburgh - 22
Detroit - 30

Fleury got hit mroe than once in the series, and it was only called twice out of the 4 times it happened.

You can't leave your feet when you hit, that is a penalty because thats how people get hurt. The hitter has all of his force going straight at one guy and the person getting hit can do nothing (but dodge) to combat that. It is a penalty though.

You can't wrap your stick around a player's waist. That's a hook. And you can't just stand in the way if you aren't doing anything, that's obstruction. Either call should have been called any offenseive rush by the Pens and neither was called nerly enough. The refs started it in Game 1 and 2 by letting everything go, then the whole rest of the series they just got used to seeing it.

I know we got outshot in the series, but you said we had 66 shots or something the game before 58. And it turns out you were way off...
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:38 am

The amount of hooking I saw from the pens was ridiculous, so you shouldnt even bring that up, not to mention slashing.

as for obstruction, you have to be seriously getting in someones way for a ref to call it, the redwings pull it off just like any other team does. And you guys were giving the wings ridiculous crosschecks infront of the net. So instead of justifying the pens loss on "the refs not making enough calls" or "the redwings play dirty" look at it in the real sense. Games rarely ever are decided by the refs, there are a few but if you're going to blame a series on bad refing then thats just ridiculous. Secondly, blaming it on playing dirty is just as stupid. Philly, who are proud to be the dirtiest team in the league, got manhandled by your penguins. In the end, you cannot blame the pens loss on anything other than being the worse team.
Back to top Go down
steel66
Starter
steel66

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:58 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
The amount of hooking I saw from the pens was ridiculous, so you shouldnt even bring that up, not to mention slashing.

as for obstruction, you have to be seriously getting in someones way for a ref to call it, the redwings pull it off just like any other team does. And you guys were giving the wings ridiculous crosschecks infront of the net. So instead of justifying the pens loss on "the refs not making enough calls" or "the redwings play dirty" look at it in the real sense. Games rarely ever are decided by the refs, there are a few but if you're going to blame a series on bad refing then thats just ridiculous. Secondly, blaming it on playing dirty is just as stupid. Philly, who are proud to be the dirtiest team in the league, got manhandled by your penguins. In the end, you cannot blame the pens loss on anything other than being the worse team.

What the hell are you talking about?

As for the cross-checking, that's what happens when anyone goes in front of the net. Penguins weren't as sold to creating traffic so the Red Wings didn't get a chance to get their hits in on Pens in front.

The ref'ing was terrible, but the Red Wings still may have been the better team. However, not as bad as the announcers made it seem.
Back to top Go down
Hellz-Bellz
Bench player
Hellz-Bellz

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:58 am

i will admit the pens got outplayed in games 1 and 2, but from that point on the refs gave detroit the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate the red wings   I hate the red wings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate the red wings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next