The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remove the cap?

Go down 
+6
SimsZilla
Big_Z
Touchdown Jesus!
Wildcats
PackersOwnAll
SoxNats08
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think we should use the cap?
Yes
Remove the cap? Vote_lcap47%Remove the cap? Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
No
Remove the cap? Vote_lcap53%Remove the cap? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Remove the cap? Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 10:26 pm

VOTE
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:07 pm

I voted yes, to keep this realistic, so guys cant have like, 99's at every position
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Wildcats
Starter
Wildcats

Number of posts : 278

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:19 pm

We don't use salaries as part of the league, so having the cap is unnecassary, since our resignings are governed by the leagues point system and not the salary cap.
Back to top Go down

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Wildcats wrote:
We don't use salaries as part of the league, so having the cap is unnecassary, since our resignings are governed by the leagues point system and not the salary cap.
perfectly put. If we didnt have our own points system then id say keep it but we have it so there is no reason for cap.
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Wildcats wrote:

yeah we do, sox just dosnt post them and we dont have to deal with them, you cant avoid salarys with madden
Back to top Go down

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:01 pm

i think i have an idea. insetad of salaries we use a points salary system. instead of money we use points.
Back to top Go down

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:24 pm

iruleall17 wrote:
i think i have an idea. insetad of salaries we use a points salary system. instead of money we use points.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Why does that sound sooooo familiar?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 3:25 pm

An FYI, if there is no salary cap (which I am fine with), then I will remove the franchise tag option.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:01 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
Wildcats wrote:

yeah we do, sox just dosnt post them and we dont have to deal with them, you cant avoid salarys with madden

well you can if you turn off the cap Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:03 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
An FYI, if there is no salary cap (which I am fine with), then I will remove the franchise tag option.

i dont really get this sox...i think the franchise tag thing is a good idea...other teams can step in and offer up a better deal for players and what not, i kind of like the franchise tag regardless of a salary cap or not

I think if we do have a salary cap were gonna run into some big problems because i dont know if you can take cap penalties off or not...im pretty sure you cant.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:04 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
why? what does cap have anything to do with the tag
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

i dont really get this sox...i think the franchise tag thing is a good idea...other teams can step in and offer up a better deal for players and what not, i kind of like the franchise tag regardless of a salary cap or not

I think if we do have a salary cap were gonna run into some big problems because i dont know if you can take cap penalties off or not...im pretty sure you cant.

The thing is, everyone would use a franchise tag. There is no disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

well all that does is up the activity in the league anyways because we should make it like tendering a restricted free agent and if a team comes in and makes the franchised player a better offer than his current team can or is willing to match then they should get the player and the original team should get a couple of draft picks
Back to top Go down

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:51 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Put restrictions on it. Such as you can only use it once every so often. You can franchise the same guy 2 different times, ect ect.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:53 pm

Semper Fidelis wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Put restrictions on it. Such as you can only use it once every so often. You can franchise the same guy 2 different times, ect ect.

OK, what I don't want is everyone franchising a player every year...
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:55 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Perhaps I could "borrow" an idea I suggest in another league....

If you franchise a player for one year, the follow year, you either have to release them, or sign them to a contract length determined by overall

example:

79 and below = minimum 3 years

80-89 = minimum 4 year contract

90+ = minimum 5 year contract

So in other words, if a team wants to take the risk and stay under cap, they can do the "franchise" (and imo not be charged ANY points that season), but afterwards, they PAY UP BIGTIME, either with spending most their points next season, or else losing that player to FA.

P.S. I developed that idea, so technically it's mine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

If you franchise a player for one year, the follow year, you either have to release them, or sign them to a contract length determined by overall

example:

So in other words, if a team wants to take the risk and stay under cap, they can do the "franchise" (and imo not be charged ANY points that season), but afterwards, they PAY UP BIGTIME, either with spending most their points next season, or else losing that player to FA.

Good idea
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

example:

Agreed, and I think we will use this system if we vote to eliminate cap. On a side note, you would not be able to trade the franchised player.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:36 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

example:

Agreed, and I think we will use this system if we vote to eliminate cap. On a side note, you would not be able to trade the franchised player.

Agreed........ although honestly, who the hell would want to trade for him? Unless they can honestly afford him....
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:29 pm

I say yes to cap (keeps it more like real life and helps even out the money difference between rich teams and not so rich teams) and yes to a franchise tag with Ruskie's system.
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:34 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
I say yes to cap (keeps it more like real life and helps even out the money difference between rich teams and not so rich teams) and yes to a franchise tag with Ruskie's system.

agreed, the purpose of the league was to make it as close to real life as possible and if we got rid of cap then it would contradict the purpose of the league. and if we get rid of salary cap then we should use desert demons idea
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:04 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

agreed, the purpose of the league was to make it as close to real life as possible and if we got rid of cap then it would contradict the purpose of the league. and if we get rid of salary cap then we should use desert demons idea

but its not as if we have no form of cap...we have our cap set up with the points system...so people are going to be double punished, and i would like to know if you can take cap penalties off or not because then my opinion would be different
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Big_Z wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

but its not as if we have no form of cap...we have our cap set up with the points system...so people are going to be double punished, and i would like to know if you can take cap penalties off or not because then my opinion would be different

I agree, I personally think we should go one or the other, but not both.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:41 pm

I don't get this... We had it in the previous league and it worked, why not keep it now?
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:42 pm

i just want to use the best option, where i dont have to do math and think too much Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remove the cap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove the cap?   Remove the cap? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove the cap?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: The Front Office :: League Discussion-
Jump to: