The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Possible Cheating

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:14 pm

In another league that I am involved in, we had recently had an admin be caught cheating using multiple accounts. We only discovered this when we went to go delete the "troublesome GM" account (He was causing trouble about being removed from his GM spot) who had been removed for inactiveness, and when the site admin went to go ban, realized it was the same IP address as another Admin and active member.

What made this also more interesting is that within minutes of the "unactive" GM's posts, the active GM would post a reply or send a PM, usually within a 5 minute period, if not faster.

Today, I get on, and a fellow GM brought it to my attention that the same stuff that occurred on there (posts in quick succession) had occurred here, I go, and here is something I found that was very interesting:

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:21 pm
DoubleD86 wrote:
Can I become GM of the Panthers?

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:23 pm
amazingandre wrote:
DoubleD86 wrote:

i 2nd this guy as gm...very cool and knows his shit

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 pm
youngman10 wrote:
i would like the Titans

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:54 pm
amazingandre wrote:
youngman10 wrote:
i would like the Titans

i 2nd him for the job

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm
Jakuvious wrote:
If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I was told the Chiefs are available, regardless of that post ^

If they are, I'd be happy to take 'em. One of the guy's running this thing told me about it.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:01 pm
amazingandre wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I was told the Chiefs are available, regardless of that post ^

If they are, I'd be happy to take 'em. One of the guy's running this thing told me about it.

lol not running it but helpin fillin voids...and they are open and i 2nd him as the gm

Yesterday at 6:01 pm
NorCal-TitanFan wrote:
I'll be the Titans.. Razz

Yesterday at 6:06 pm
amazingandre wrote:
NorCal-TitanFan wrote:

let him

Since I am not an admin, I cannot verify the IP addresses, but if an Admin wouldn't mind, could they go and check the IP addresses for all of these "GMs"?

If they are all different IPs and are all legit, then that's fine and nothing more.

But given that another site I am on just recently had this problem and the cheating GM who had two accounts posted posts from one "GM" then followed with posts by the "other GM" within minutes, I would like to verify this.

If it's just a false alarm, then I'm impressed by the number of people amazingandre knows and can second and vouch for.

If it's not....

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
In another league that I am involved in, we had recently had an admin be caught cheating using multiple accounts. We only discovered this when we went to go delete the "troublesome GM" account (He was causing trouble about being removed from his GM spot) who had been removed for inactiveness, and when the site admin went to go ban, realized it was the same IP address as another Admin and active member.

What made this also more interesting is that within minutes of the "unactive" GM's posts, the active GM would post a reply or send a PM, usually within a 5 minute period, if not faster.

Today, I get on, and a fellow GM brought it to my attention that the same stuff that occurred on there (posts in quick succession) had occurred here, I go, and here is something I found that was very interesting:

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:21 pm
DoubleD86 wrote:

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:23 pm
amazingandre wrote:
DoubleD86 wrote:

i 2nd this guy as gm...very cool and knows his shit

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 pm
youngman10 wrote:
i would like the Titans

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:54 pm
amazingandre wrote:
youngman10 wrote:
i would like the Titans

i 2nd him for the job

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm
Jakuvious wrote:

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:01 pm
amazingandre wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

lol not running it but helpin fillin voids...and they are open and i 2nd him as the gm

Yesterday at 6:01 pm
NorCal-TitanFan wrote:

Yesterday at 6:06 pm
amazingandre wrote:
NorCal-TitanFan wrote:

let him

Since I am not an admin, I cannot verify the IP addresses, but if an Admin wouldn't mind, could they go and check the IP addresses for all of these "GMs"?

If they are all different IPs and are all legit, then that's fine and nothing more.

But given that another site I am on just recently had this problem and the cheating GM who had two accounts posted posts from one "GM" then followed with posts by the "other GM" within minutes, I would like to verify this.

If it's just a false alarm, then I'm impressed by the number of people amazingandre knows and can second and vouch for.

If it's not....

Then your in big Shit. Sorry if we're wrong about this andre, but we experienced this in another site, and we both just find this very interesting after going through this not even a week ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:18 pm

hahaha please do check my IP with theirs and when it comes back to you that I am not cheating but simply trying to get guys from my league here to fill the spots (like I told sox and Big z). I want something to be done to this demon for accusing me of cheating. This is a slap in the face to me and I am a very active member and I feel this is rude and immature.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:20 pm

amazingandre wrote:
hahaha please do check my IP with theirs and when it comes back to you that I am not cheating but simply trying to get guys from my league here to fill the spots (like I told sox and Big z). I want something to be done to this demon for accusing me of cheating. This is a slap in the face to me and I am a very active member and I feel this is rude and immature.

Yup. He wants to have me banned. Said so over AIM, which, I am about to post the screen shots of an interesting conversation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:22 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Yup. He wants to have me banned. Said so over AIM, which, I am about to post the screen shots of an interesting conversation.

do it....i called him a pussy and a fucking idiot.....there is no reason to PUBLICALLY call me out on cheating....he should have gone to an admin first and checked.....but no he came out and talked shit.....he doenst run this site and has nothing to do with the decisions on here.....so for him to call me out is bullshit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:25 pm

stfu andre he wants being mean it just seemed fishy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:26 pm

amazingandre wrote:

Wow dude. Did u even read our posts? This is just like what happened in a seperate league, with someone creating more then one account to try to gain an unfair advantage. We never said anything of the sort that you were even cheating, just mentioning the possibility. We saw this on a seperate site, someone made seperate accounts to try to make one team better. If you did get all these people to join, then kudos to you, and Demon wont take the rap for this. I've been trying to contact sox, big_z, and nerd about this for about the last 5 hours. I brought this up to demon, so if your going to whine about demon being a big old tough guy, blame it on me. I BROUGHT IT UP. Again, I dont want to be in a league that has this crap going on. I will admit that I did this in a league once, and I paid for it. The admin was nice and I confessed and I got banned for a week, but this is just a dumb thing to do. Now if this leads you to want to check me out, by all means go right ahead. I've got nothing to hide. It just seems weird that immediately after one of them made a post that you immediately folled up with a post, and that these people haven't been very active since joining and that you have. This looks just like what happened in the other league, and if we're wrong, so be it. We made a mistake. But the way u reacted calling out Demon only furthers my suspicions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:27 pm

max1 wrote:

Thankfully you understand. Your over reacting andre. If you've nothing to hide, then why are you acting like this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Ocho Cinco wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Wow dude. Did u even read our posts? This is just like what happened in a seperate league, with someone creating more then one account to try to gain an unfair advantage. We never said anything of the sort that you were even cheating, just mentioning the possibility. We saw this on a seperate site, someone made seperate accounts to try to make one team better. If you did get all these people to join, then kudos to you, and Demon wont take the rap for this. I've been trying to contact sox, big_z, and nerd about this for about the last 5 hours. I brought this up to demon, so if your going to whine about demon being a big old tough guy, blame it on me. I BROUGHT IT UP. Again, I dont want to be in a league that has this crap going on. I will admit that I did this in a league once, and I paid for it. The admin was nice and I confessed and I got banned for a week, but this is just a dumb thing to do. Now if this leads you to want to check me out, by all means go right ahead. I've got nothing to hide. It just seems weird that immediately after one of them made a post that you immediately folled up with a post, and that these people haven't been very active since joining and that you have. This looks just like what happened in the other league, and if we're wrong, so be it. We made a mistake. But the way u reacted calling out Demon only furthers my suspicions.

Possible CHEATING is the title of the thread but he isnt calling me a cheater??? r u as stupid as him? like i said sox and big z both know i helped get gms that was it.....doulb d and jak have on while im on discussing trades...but i guess I magically did that huh??? why didn't you come to me and ask instead of looking like jackasses??? how would you like it if some guys come out of nowhere and accuse you of cheating when youre trying to get a league which was very inactive and couldnt fill all the gm rolls??? youd be just as pissed.....i can prove the league i started and youll find all the membes there with aim info and all that shit...so mind your own business and quit accsuing people of shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:33 pm

Ocho Cinco wrote:
max1 wrote:

Thankfully you understand. Your over reacting andre. If you've nothing to hide, then why are you acting like this?

I am overreacting to being called a cheater??? WOW affraid Please big z come on and clear this shit up so each one of these retards feel stupid
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler

Sorry I can't zoom in or anything, I just print screened these and uploaded onto my photobucket.

Now, yes, there is a word document titled "amazingandre cheating", because I'm not stupid, I made a copy of my post.

It is quit interesting the progression the conversation goes through.

It goes from "who are you" to "I demand you give me the link" to "you are a fucking retard" and that I "will get banned"

I don't know about you, but it seems that someone is very worried, from first not understanding the situation, to then trying to desperately figure out what it is, to then trying to talk crap to me.

Oh, and this:

Seems like he got REAL worried when I faced him with my accusation.... tried to figure out who I was and everything... again, why would someone freak out like that....?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

amazingandre wrote:
Ocho Cinco wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Possible CHEATING is the title of the thread but he isnt calling me a cheater??? r u as stupid as him? like i said sox and big z both know i helped get gms that was it.....doulb d and jak have on while im on discussing trades...but i guess I magically did that huh??? why didn't you come to me and ask instead of looking like jackasses??? how would you like it if some guys come out of nowhere and accuse you of cheating when youre trying to get a league which was very inactive and couldnt fill all the gm rolls??? youd be just as pissed.....i can prove the league i started and youll find all the membes there with aim info and all that shit...so mind your own business and quit accsuing people of shit

the keyword in the title was Possible. He never said that you were cheating. And honestly, if someone accused me of that, and I'd have nothing to hide, i wouldn't make a big deal of it. And if what you say is true, show us this leauge with all that info. We can get this sorted out easier and sox wont have to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:34 pm

amazingandre wrote:
Ocho Cinco wrote:
max1 wrote:

I am overreacting to being called a cheater??? WOW affraid Please big z come on and clear this shit up so each one of these retards feel stupid

Big Z's a friend of mine, and I would consider Sox to be one too. I would love to talk to them on AIM, but at the moment they are not on, hence, I'm not sure when I'd be able to talk with them, so I made a post for them to see when they get on here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nerd85
Veteran

Number of posts : 964
Personalized field :
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:35 pm

He didnt cheat. end of story. I checked IP's and everything is fine. Move on.

Starter

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:51 pm

okay sorry i couldnt address this sooner, but i was out of town for a couple of days.

ruskie i appreciate your concern, but it was in poor taste to not just try and PM one of the admins about this issue.

Im not mad or anything but just for future reference, and this goes for everybody, when you have a problem, just send me, sox or nerd a PM, or instant message me on AIM, chavo6707, and we can talk about there before something like this happen.

I do appreciate both of you being, for the most part, pretty mature about this whole thing.

Major Props to SoxNats On the best Sigs EVER
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Cheating   

Back to top Go down

Possible Cheating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: Announcements :: General Talk-
Jump to: