The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Current NBA Playoff Structure

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Current NBA Playoff Structure Empty
PostSubject: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:34 pm

With the dominant NBA teams, excluding Detroit and Boston, being in the West, I personally think that they should change the playoff structure to being more like a March Madness type of thing, but with just the top 16 teams, record wise, getting in.

If teams like Denver or Golden State were in the East, they would be in the playoffs easily. I just dont think its fair that some teams can finish under .500 and make it in the east, while a solid team like Denver or Golden State, are not going to get in.

This year, any one of the teams, 1-8 in the West could make it to the finals. The Eastern Conference is pretty much a joke anymore. Its basically a two team race between Boston and Detroit. It pains me to say that being a Cavs fan, but I dont really see LeBron carrying the cavs to the finals again.

What do you think they should do in the NBA?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Current NBA Playoff Structure Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Big_Z wrote:
With the dominant NBA teams, excluding Detroit and Boston, being in the West, I personally think that they should change the playoff structure to being more like a March Madness type of thing, but with just the top 16 teams, record wise, getting in.

If teams like Denver or Golden State were in the East, they would be in the playoffs easily. I just dont think its fair that some teams can finish under .500 and make it in the east, while a solid team like Denver or Golden State, are not going to get in.

This year, any one of the teams, 1-8 in the West could make it to the finals. The Eastern Conference is pretty much a joke anymore. Its basically a two team race between Boston and Detroit. It pains me to say that being a Cavs fan, but I dont really see LeBron carrying the cavs to the finals again.

I agree with this, but it will never happen.

I was talking about this with one of my friends who was big NBA fan, and we thought this would be a better thing to do: Move New Orleans into the Southeast division (Eastern Conference) and create an expansion team in Las Vegas in the Pacific division. Then, after a couple of years, make an expansion franchise back in Seattle called the Supersonics to replace the team going to Oklahoma.

Two expansion teams would make the West worse, and New Orleans would make the East better. While the West would still be better, we'd be much better off.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:44 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

I was talking about this with one of my friends who was big NBA fan, and we thought this would be a better thing to do: Move New Orleans into the Southeast division (Eastern Conference) and create an expansion team in Las Vegas in the Pacific division. Then, after a couple of years, make an expansion franchise back in Seattle called the Supersonics to replace the team going to Oklahoma.

Two expansion teams would make the West worse, and New Orleans would make the East better. While the West would still be better, we'd be much better off.

Yeah i cant say i disagree with you on this one.

I think in the next 5-7 years we could see expansion teams, or teams moved, to the Las Vegas area from all three major sports (football, baseball, basketball)

I think the Hornets should still be in the East anyways, and they would easily be the most dominant team in the east
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 8:45 pm

Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

I think in the next 5-7 years we could see expansion teams, or teams moved, to the Las Vegas area from all three major sports (football, baseball, basketball)

I think the Hornets should still be in the East anyways, and they would easily be the most dominant team in the east

I don't see baseball adding a team there, but I could possibly see a football team.

And I disagree about the Hornets, I think the Celtics would be the #1 team, and they'd be the #2 but it'd be close.
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

I don't see baseball adding a team there, but I could possibly see a football team.

And I disagree about the Hornets, I think the Celtics would be the #1 team, and they'd be the #2 but it'd be close.

right now the celtics r better but i think the hornets have a much better future, especialy sinec they have the best point guard in the league
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:21 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

right now the celtics r better but i think the hornets have a much better future, especialy sinec they have the best point guard in the league
WOOT WOOT! Finally someone recognizes Chris Paul as the best PG in the league, he does everything, he plays good defense, hes a great passer, great shooter, great scorer and overall one of the best players in the league. Chris Paul for MVP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:23 pm

mksadng wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

WOOT WOOT! Finally someone recognizes Chris Paul as the best PG in the league, he does everything, he plays good defense, hes a great passer, great shooter, great scorer and overall one of the best players in the league. Chris Paul for MVP!!!!!

yes chris paul SHOULD be the MVP, but ill bet Kobe gets it for the "lifetime acheivement award"

which is BS

if i had to start an NBA franchise and could get any player i wanted it would be 1A. Lebron James 1B. Chris Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:25 pm

Chris Paul is the Most VALUABLE Player, without him the Hornets would be awful.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Big_Z wrote:
mksadng wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

yes chris paul SHOULD be the MVP, but ill bet Kobe gets it for the "lifetime acheivement award"

which is BS

if i had to start an NBA franchise and could get any player i wanted it would be 1A. Lebron James 1B. Chris Paul

Agreed, he should def be MVP and is by far the best PG in the NBA
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm

mksadng wrote:

I completely agree, and I tried to explain this to the friend I was previously talking about (he argued it should be Lebron).

w/o Lebron, cavs win 35-40 games
w/o paul, hornets win like 25-30 games

and no way in hell is kobe mvp
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:33 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

I completely agree, and I tried to explain this to the friend I was previously talking about (he argued it should be Lebron).

no way do the cavs win 35-40 without lebron, like like 25-30, but i think the hornets would be a 30 win team or less without paul as well
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

no way do the cavs win 35-40 without lebron, like like 25-30, but i think the hornets would be a 30 win team or less without paul as well

well take into account theyre in the east
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:37 pm

mksadng wrote:

i agree chris paul made an average team into one of the best team in the nba. i dont get why the mvp race is between KG, Chris paul, lebron, and kobe. lebron doesnt deserve it because his team is 4th in teh east, and kobe and KG have a ton of help from other players.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:38 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

well they are only 44-36 WITH LeBron
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:42 pm

Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

oh shit i didnt know they were that bad i thought they had like 50 wins
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:45 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

yeah they have really stuggled this year, they are having trouble finding chemistry since that big trade too

oh shit i didnt know they were that bad i thought they had like 50 wins
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:46 pm

the ben wallace deal?
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:49 pm

yeah the wallace deal
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:50 pm

shit i thought that was good for u guys
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 pm

it was a good trade but they just havent clicked yet
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:58 pm

isnt ben wallace injured?
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:03 pm

yeah but they werent playing well with him either
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:41 pm

cavs r better defensively now but they need someone who coud help lebron out
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:56 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:

how the fuck did u post that at 1:41?

was it in study hall Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:42 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

how the fuck did u post that at 1:41?

was it in study hall Rolling Eyes

yea, i didnt feel like doing hw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current NBA Playoff Structure   Current NBA Playoff Structure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current NBA Playoff Structure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next