The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minimum 2 years of college?

Go down 
+4
PatsDynasty
PatFan
SoxNats08
Big_Z
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Minimum 2 years of college? Empty
PostSubject: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Ive been hearing some rumblings that they are going to change the minimum years a player has to stay in college to 2 years instead of 1.

i think this is a good idea, it would make the NBA better and the NCAA better

what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Minimum 2 years of college? Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:37 pm

I think it should be 3, but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
PatFan
Veteran
PatFan

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:42 pm

i agree with sox i also think it should be 3
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:43 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:

i dont know about 3...the only thing that sucks is someone is eventually gonna get hurt and not be able to be the same again and then sue the NBA or something like that
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:44 pm

Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

i dont know about 3...the only thing that sucks is someone is eventually gonna get hurt and not be able to be the same again and then sue the NBA or something like that

well im pretty sure thats what it is in the nfl too

i think that it prepares them better for life after basketball
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:46 pm

i think player should be allowed to enter the nba right out of high school, look at lebron and kobe they r doing great in the nba
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:46 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
i think player should be allowed to enter the nba right out of high school, look at lebron and kobe they r doing great in the nba

so.... that doesnt prepare them well they should have to go to college
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:48 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

well im pretty sure thats what it is in the nfl too

i think that it prepares them better for life after basketball

that is what the NFL is, but the NBA and NFL are totally different in this aspect

the NFL does it for the safety of the players, no 18 year old kid can compete in the NFL, but proven by guys like LeBron and Amare, 18-19 year olds can be all-stars at that age

also, there are a lot more endorsement opportunities for NBA players. Imagine if Lebron had to go to college, blew out his knee, and was never the same, there goes all that money from Nike

Nike, rebok, adidias and all them, under armour, dont really throw the astrinomical amounts of money at football players right away
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:04 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

so.... that doesnt prepare them well they should have to go to college

ya but thats their problem, and when ur 18 or 19 years old then u should be mature enough to make the right decisions in life, and like big z said someone amazing is going to end up getting hurt and never be able to play at the same level that they were playing at before their injury
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 am

if should be 4.

why wouldnt you want 4 trys at a champion trophy?

plus the nba sucks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:38 pm

the nba is much better than college basketball. in ncaa bball you watch players miss layups and other easy shots; how could anybody could think that the nba is worse than ncaa bball
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
the nba is much better than college basketball. in ncaa bball you watch players miss layups and other easy shots; how could anybody could think that the nba is worse than ncaa bball

i hate you and your 7 study halls a week
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:04 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:

WHAT?

in the nba, they travel so much... please. In college your young, you miss layups.

all i see when i watch games on TNT is ppl missing dunks and layups, and there 8 yr vets for christ sake.

nba is garbage... too many ball hogs.. cough coughKobecough cough
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:29 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

i actualy have eight study halls and im in one right now
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:33 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

WHAT?

in the nba, they travel so much... please. In college your young, you miss layups.

all i see when i watch games on TNT is ppl missing dunks and layups, and there 8 yr vets for christ sake.

nba is garbage... too many ball hogs.. cough coughKobecough cough

i agree that kobe is a ball hog but would u rather see a great ball hog like kobe or crappy yung players miss shots. last year did u see game 5 of the cavs and pistons, that was more exciting than any of teh ncaa basketball gams i ever see.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:48 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

i actualy have eight study halls and im in one right now

Mad
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:42 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
if should be 4.

why wouldnt you want 4 trys at a champion trophy?

plus the nba sucks Smile

I actually agree with everything you said.

They should have to go to college, I mean, sure you have some phenoms like Kobe, Lebron and KG. But there are guys like Gerald Green and Kwame Brown and Sebastian Telfair who just fizzled out and are now screwed for life. They can't play and they don't have a college education.
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:14 pm

they might not have a college education but they have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their life. gerald green makes around 1.5 million dollars a year and im sure he will find something to do once he retires. when u have money u can pretty much do anything, so they arent really screwed once for life
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:15 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
they might not have a college education but they have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their life. gerald green makes around 1.5 million dollars a year and im sure he will find something to do once he retires. when u have money u can pretty much do anything, so they arent really screwed once for life

uhh if u dont have a college education, chances are you will spend it somewhere you shouldnt and end up screwed
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:23 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

uhh if u dont have a college education, chances are you will spend it somewhere you shouldnt and end up screwed

do u think players like shaq or mj learned alot when they were in college, they were just there to play basketball and get some experience. and once u have that type of money u probably learn where and how to spend it.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:02 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

do u think players like shaq or mj learned alot when they were in college, they were just there to play basketball and get some experience. and once u have that type of money u probably learn where and how to spend it.

Haha your last sentence doesn't make any sense. You are giving like 18 year old kids millions of dollars... They aren't yet mature enough or financially careful enough to spend it wisely.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

Haha your last sentence doesn't make any sense. You are giving like 18 year old kids millions of dollars... They aren't yet mature enough or financially careful enough to spend it wisely.

Agreed... It just doesn't make any sense. It's like giving an alcoholic a beer and telling him not to drink it.

Bad example, but you get the point Smile
Back to top Go down
NorCal-TitanFan
Veteran
NorCal-TitanFan

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Yeah Sox is right on this one it should be 3 IMO
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:

Agreed... It just doesn't make any sense. It's like giving an alcoholic a beer and telling him not to drink it.

Bad example, but you get the point Smile

i get wat ur saying but do u really think that college basketball players learn alot when they r at college? and suppose i were to give u a million dollars today, u wouldnt be an idiot and spend it all at once, would u?. same is true for basketball players without a college education. they dont go spending their money in the wrong places. if a college education is so important then how come i dont see lebron, amare, or kg spending their money in the wrong places
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:00 pm

theres a difference dude... im an indian kid who goes on the computer at least 3 hrs a day who gets pretty good grades at a private school

those players are most of the time kids who are flunking public school and all they do is play basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minimum 2 years of college?   Minimum 2 years of college? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minimum 2 years of college?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next