The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BOO

Go down 
+4
PackersOwnAll
Desert Demon
Touchdown Jesus!
Nerd85
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964
Personalized field : BOO Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

BOO Empty
PostSubject: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:53 pm

IMO Hockey is the worst sport ever. I like Professional Eating more.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Nerd85 wrote:

and thats why you're a douchey american

I hope you join the professional eating competition, get fat and have a heart attack. Then cant afford to pay the doctor for your triple bypass and have to give away all your possessions because Americans dont have healthcare.
Back to top Go down

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:52 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

I hope you join the professional eating competition, get fat and have a heart attack. Then cant afford to pay the doctor for your triple bypass and have to give away all your possessions because Americans dont have healthcare.
One,im pretty sure nerd is Indian or some other race so technically hes not "american" in the original scence of white, europian descent and all that jazz. And the American being fat thing is overrated...Yes America has obese people but I know A LOT more healthy fit people than I know fat obese people. And atleast our country can defend ourselves come war time, all the Canadians have are their little mounties Wink
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:05 am

mksadng wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

One,im pretty sure nerd is Indian or some other race so technically hes not "american" in the original scence of white, europian descent and all that jazz. And the American being fat thing is overrated...Yes America has obese people but I know A LOT more healthy fit people than I know fat obese people. And atleast our country can defend ourselves come war time, all the Canadians have are their little mounties Wink

can you defend being stupid and bombing a squad of canadian soldiers?

your country has (dont quote me on this) the highest obesity rate in the world, the obese thing isnt over-rated

we dont get into war situation and nobody is going to attack us when we carry the amount of resources which we have. We only need our mounties and canoes. BTW our mounties are more burly than your marines.

and americans have weak beer
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:36 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

can you defend being stupid and bombing a squad of canadian soldiers?

your country has (dont quote me on this) the highest obesity rate in the world, the obese thing isnt over-rated

we dont get into war situation and nobody is going to attack us when we carry the amount of resources which we have. We only need our mounties and canoes. BTW our mounties are more burly than your marines.

Great to see ol' chaps getting into a pissing match of who can spray the farthest.

Fact remains, America is the most obese nation in the world. Part of that is from the incomes (or lack thereof) and the accessibility of poor nutrition, and the fact that the US Economy, though 'falling' is still the best in the world.

Hockey does not 'suck', no true athletic sport does (notice athletic - aka golf is not a 'sport' and if considered a 'sport', it sucks).

IMO, any sport that requires you to stay in shape to compete means it is athletic. Golf, you can be 70 and have a beer gut, and still compete.

Universal healthcare sucks ass. In principle, it looks great, especially to get voters. Reality - the current plans proposed by Democrats are impossible to achieve. In addition, Universal healthcare will never occur in America, unless the citizens agree to have anywhere from 30 to 60 percent of the incomes taken by the government, and Satan will crawl to Jesus' feet and ask for repentence before that happens.

Ukraine - My Father visited 2 months ago (Family origins), got to see doctors for free. Taxes are rediculous. You don't notice it because it's not when you buy gas (if you have a car) or food, etc., it's just that incomes are low, relative to the US. Sweden, which has the most universal healthcare (I believe), has something like 60-68% of their incomes taken by the government to pay for the universal healthcare.

UHC is expensive as hell, and without 50% of citizen's income, it is not a reality. Where would the government get the money otherwise? Now, there can be variations of it (such as a base allocated amount of money per person per year), but flat out, no payment, isn't a possiblity (unless considerable time, and I mean time as in generation(s), allow the change to take place.

Also, while health care is expensive, the US still has one of the top medical technology, doctors, and hospitals in the world. Granted, this helps rich people moreso than poor, but nevertheless, a fact.

And while we do have the most obese people, we also have the most athletic. Just watch how many medals the US brings home Wink

Oh, and I would take the Marines over Mounties each and every single day. (Just a little tidbit, I believe it is Australia that currently has the #1 Special Forces unit in the World, followed by, if I'm not mistaken, Great Britain).

And Beer. Psssh. Come on. Beer sucks lol. At any rate, each country has it's own flavors and tastes (Went down to Coke World in ATL, where they have various coke product samples from around the world, long story short, every flavor from every other country but US tasted like shit). However, I do agree with you - American Beer is weak. But honestly. Beer? You are resorting to backup your nation by throwing down another nation's production of BEER?!?!

Yeah, ok...
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

and thats why you're a douc american

can you defend being stupi and bombing a squad of canadian soldiers?

Great to see ol' chaps getting into a pising match of who can spray the farthest.

Fact remains, America is the most obese nation in the world. Part of that is from the incomes (or lack thereof) and the accessibility of poor nutrition, and the fact that the US Economy, though 'falling' is still the best in the world.

Hockey does not 'suck', no true athletic sport does (notice athletic - aka golf is not a 'sport' and if considered a 'sport', it sucks).

IMO, any sport that requires you to stay in shape to compete means it is athletic. Golf, you can be 70 and have a beer gut, and still compete.

Universal healthcare sucks ss. In principle, it looks great, especially to get voters. Reality - the current plans proposed by Democrats are impossible to achieve. In addition, Universal healthcare will never occur in America, unless the citizens agree to have anywhere from 30 to 60 percent of the incomes taken by the government, and Sata will crawl to Jess' feet and ask for repentence before that happens.

Ukraine - My Father visited 2 months ago (Family origins), got to see doctors for free. Taxes are rediculous. You don't notice it because it's not when you buy gas (if you have a car) or food, etc., it's just that incomes are low, relative to the US. Sweden, which has the most universal healthcare (I believe), has something like 60-68% of their incomes taken by the government to pay for the universal healthcare.

UHC is expensive as ell, and without 50% of citizen's income, it is not a reality. Where would the government get the money otherwise? Now, there can be variations of it (such as a base allocated amount of money per person per year), but flat out, no payment, isn't a possiblity (unless considerable time, and I mean time as in generation(s), allow the change to take place.

Also, while health care is expensive, the US still has one of the top medical technology, doctors, and hospitals in the world. Granted, this helps rich people moreso than poor, but nevertheless, a fact.

And while we do have the most obese people, we also have the most athletic. Just watch how many medals the US brings home Wink

Oh, and I would take the Marines over Mounties each and every single day. (Just a little tidbit, I believe it is Australia that currently has the #1 Special Forces unit in the World, followed by, if I'm not mistaken, Great Britain).

And Beer. Psssh. Come on. Beer sucs lol. At any rate, each country has it's own flavors and tastes (Went down to Coke World in ATL, where they have various coke product samples from around the world, long story short, every flavor from every other country but US tasted like sht). However, I do agree with you - American Beer is weak. But honestly. Beer? You are resorting to backup your nation by throwing down another nation's production of BEER?!?!

Yeah, ok...

USA!

I love America..

Im not going to say anything about Canada, because I have nothing bad to say about them.

Every summer I go on this fishing trip to Little Beaver Lodge in Ear Falls, Ontario and we go on this pretty big lake for a week or so. And it is pretty amazing because your the only one there for miles and miles and miles, and you are flown out and back, on those planes that land in water. No noise, no distractions, huge Northern and fat Walleye.. its great.

And when it comes to Hockey, I think its ok. I can't play too good but it can be fun.

And when it comes to military and army and stuff, USA=#1 cheers

We spend soooo much $$ on our defense that i feel safe if we were to be in another war. So much time is also spent in making new advances into milatary equipment. Lets just hope we don't go into another depression... afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Nerd85 wrote:

Who the cares, spammer? Smile

Seriously though, this is one of the most useless threads made, you are insulting people (Sean, Me, and more) by calling one of their passions out and saying it is the worst sport ever just because you fail to like it.

The complexity of the game, the skill needed to play it, and the awareness needed to play it professionally are elite. Unless you play or have played competitively, you really can't understand the scope of it all (Assuming you have never played because as you have stated, it is the worst sport ever)
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Another tidbit - All those 'liberals' who cry and whine about military spending, often times, our technology comes from military breakthroughs. Hell, my Calculus teacher last year, knew a friend who was in the navy and basically designed and build the first overhead projector. He didn't get any credit for it, since it was technically the Navy's, but just some insight that military spending isn't all that bad...
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:46 pm

hockey is not the worst sport ever, its just really boring to watch if u dont play it
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
Another tidbit - All those 'liberals' who cry and whine about military spending, often times, our technology comes from military breakthroughs. Hell, my Calculus teacher last year, knew a friend who was in the navy and basically designed and build the first overhead projector. He didn't get any credit for it, since it was technically the Navy's, but just some insight that military spending isn't all that bad...

I'm a hardcore liberal (as you know) and I see know problem with this military spending.

I just question where it's all going.

A War in Iraq? Terrible.
Troops in Afghanistan? Much better.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:58 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

Who the cares, spammer? Smile

Seriously though, this is one of the most useless threads made, you are insulting people (Sean, Me, and more) by calling one of their passions out and saying it is the worst sport ever just because you fail to like it.

The complexity of the game, the skill needed to play it, and the awareness needed to play it professionally are elite. Unless you play or have played competitively, you really can't understand the scope of it all (Assuming you have never played because as you have stated, it is the worst sport ever)

It was a very bold statement I know Smile

If I actually played hockey and was good at it I may even like it.

I just made this thread to stimulate some more posting and activity cat
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Quote :
And Beer. Psssh. Come on. Beer sucks lol. At any rate, each country has it's own flavors and tastes (Went down to Coke World in ATL, where they have various coke product samples from around the world, long story short, every flavor from every other country but US tasted like shit). However, I do agree with you - American Beer is weak. But honestly. Beer? You are resorting to backup your nation by throwing down another nation's production of BEER?!?!

Yeah, ok...

the beer thing was obvioulsy a joke, hard to believe you could think I was serious...

I never said mounties were better than marines, I said mounties are burlier than marines - Which is true.

and 50% on healthcare? youve gotta be shitting me, we spend less than 7% of our incomes for healthcare.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Don't get too serious on this issue guys, or I may have to lock the thread. As of now its fine, and I don't wanna be the vike daddy of the league for those who understand it, but don't go much further than where you are right now.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:55 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, ok...

the beer thing was obvioulsy a joke, hard to believe you could think I was serious...

I never said mounties were better than marines, I said mounties are burlier than marines - Which is true.

and 50% on healthcare? youve gotta be shitting me, we spend less than 7% of our incomes for healthcare.

Laughing

Right.

It is most likely not a "pure" universal healthcare system, but a variation of it.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Desert Demon wrote:

Great to see ol' chaps getting into a pissing match of who can spray the farthest.

Universal healthcare sucks ass. In principle, it looks great, especially to get voters. Reality - the current plans proposed by Democrats are impossible to achieve. In addition, Universal healthcare will never occur in America, unless the citizens agree to have anywhere from 30 to 60 percent of the incomes taken by the government, and Satan will crawl to Jesus' feet and ask for repentence before that happens.

UHC is expensive as hell, and without 50% of citizen's income, it is not a reality. Where would the government get the money otherwise? Now, there can be variations of it (such as a base allocated amount of money per person per year), but flat out, no payment, isn't a possiblity (unless considerable time, and I mean time as in generation(s), allow the change to take place.

Yeah, ok...

As of now the american economy is very very weak compared to many other countries (Canada, England, all of europe). We're riding on the success of the 90's and frankly it isn't gonna last very long.. Unless we cut war spending...

Universal Healthcare, I agree, is a tough thing to accomplish. But, if we cut the useless spending we are paying now, we will free up a TON of budget space to make Universal Health Care possible.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:52 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Yeah, ok...

As of now the american economy is very very weak compared to many other countries (Canada, England, all of europe). We're riding on the success of the 90's and frankly it isn't gonna last very long.. Unless we cut war spending...

Universal Healthcare, I agree, is a tough thing to accomplish. But, if we cut the useless spending we are paying now, we will free up a TON of budget space to make Universal Health Care possible.

Prove it.

I took IB Economics for a whole year, if need be, I can get the data to support my argument that the US remains the strongest economy in the world.

Right now, we're going through some down times, but my economics teacher, and others, see that (for me, I'm going to college this fall), by the time I graduate, the economy will have rebounded and be on the rise, relative to today.

The ONLY reason you would say the American economy is very very weak, is if you 1. Actually listen to the media and what they feed you, and 2. don't quite understand all economic concepts. Sure, foreclosure is very high, housing market is down, but the US economy remains the strongest in the world (GDP, Imports, etc.).

Unless you have a thorough knowledge of economic concepts and have assessed the American economy, I highly doubt you know more than me in this regard (not being an asshole or anything, but I do know what I'm talking about).

As for your cutting useless spending, sadly, that won't happen - politicians get paid too much money by rich folk for their agendas to really change that dramatically (along with self interests - the main reason we're fucked with gas prices is b/c we haven't started drilling in Alaska - reason for this, is because Fucking Dick Cheney's companies and 'interests' have no holdings there, and would not benefit). If you suggest entirely upgrooting and revamping the political system, I'm all for it, but that won't happen.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:22 pm

lol this is gonna become like that monster politics thread in the old league
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Desert Demon wrote:

Prove it.

I took IB Economics for a whole year, if need be, I can get the data to support my argument that the US remains the strongest economy in the world.

Right now, we're going through some down times, but my economics teacher, and others, see that (for me, I'm going to college this fall), by the time I graduate, the economy will have rebounded and be on the rise, relative to today.

The ONLY reason you would say the American economy is very very weak, is if you 1. Actually listen to the media and what they feed you, and 2. don't quite understand all economic concepts. Sure, foreclosure is very high, housing market is down, but the US economy remains the strongest in the world (GDP, Imports, etc.).

Unless you have a thorough knowledge of economic concepts and have assessed the American economy, I highly doubt you know more than me in this regard (not being an asshole or anything, but I do know what I'm talking about).

As for your cutting useless spending, sadly, that won't happen - politicians get paid too much money by rich folk for their agendas to really change that dramatically (along with self interests - the main reason we're fucked with gas prices is b/c we haven't started drilling in Alaska - reason for this, is because Fucking Dick Cheney's companies and 'interests' have no holdings there, and would not benefit). If you suggest entirely upgrooting and revamping the political system, I'm all for it, but that won't happen.

Maybe your right about the economy, I wouldnt know considering I only get this info from what I hear on the News. All I do know that is under the splendid tax cuts of George Bush (that would supposedly "stimulate the economy"), the US Dollar is weakening by the day, while others are getting stronger.

Your position saying politicans are corrupt can only be true for the current administration. Obama and Clinton both say they will eliminate the Bush Tax Cuts for the upper class, which would free up some space, along with reducing War spending. That's a much more financially efficient U.S.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Prove it.

(1) Maybe your right about the economy, I wouldnt know considering I only get this info from what I hear on the News. All I do know that is under the splendid tax cuts of George Bush (that would supposedly "stimulate the economy"), the US Dollar is weakening by the day, while others are getting stronger.

(2) Your position saying politicans are corrupt can only be true for the current administration. Obama and Clinton both say they will eliminate the Bush Tax Cuts for the upper class, which would free up some space, along with reducing War spending. That's a much more financially efficient U.S.

1. Yeah, the Media isn't very knowledgeable on economic concepts, their job is to portray an opinion that they want the public to perceive (example: Bush sucks nuts, economy sucks, gas prices rising - economy down the shitter). Since you only get your info from the news, it's not big deal, just remember that the Media always wants to tell you the spin on something so that you perceive things a certain way (a great manipulation tool). I advise you to take economics in high school, I did it this past year, and thoroughly enjoyed it (then again, I had a great and funny teacher, with lots of my friends in the class). However, it does teach you a lot of stuff that is very useful to know in life. Anyways, while the US Dollar is indeed sinking, it is not the only economic indicator. The dollar decreasing in value is part of a steady cycle of currency, and in our government, we allow more leniency in the fluntuation than, say, China, which is artificially keeping the value of its currency down. The reason China keeps its currency down is so that it is able to export more - wouldn't you want to buy from a country where you get more 'bang' for your buck? Essentially, with the US Dollar weakening, it means that our economy will become less dependent on foreign imported goods (because it will become more expensive), and instead focus on purchasing domestic, now relatively cheaper, goods. The result of this is that more countries begin to import from the US (aka we export to them). America is the #1 importer in the world, but it is also a top 5 (I'm 99% sure) exporter as well. Even with less imports, we will still be #1, and with our increased exports, the fact that other nations are interested in buying our currently cheaper goods will give more 'value' to the dollar, causing it to strengthen, and over time grow back to where it was before, to the point where speculation leads currency investors (yes, there is such a thing as a currency market, where you can buy and sell various countries' currencies) to sell, and foreign nations deem the dollar too powerful (relative to their own currency) to make much sense in importing US goods (also, no one would 'buy' this 'more expensive' goods with their weaker currency) and then the dollar begins to sink again. Overall, it is merely a part of the natural cycle, and we are on the downhill slope (though my econ teacher said it should straighten out soon).

Right now, we are in a minor recession. This is nowhere near as serious as a depression would be. My econ teacher told us the best indicator to know if the economy is truly in the tanks and we need to panic: Investors are jumping off buildings at Wall Street.

2. Corruptness is not just Presidential administration; it is congress as well. Congress receive special 'tokens' of appreciation from certain people / companies if that person / company have something that they desire passed in congress. In addition, lobbyists get paid by big corporations / rich folk to present their ideas to congress, which Congress (due to the potential 'bonuses' they can earn) listen to first.

Now, not every congressman is corrupt, but just saying - if someone offers you $$ to listen and help push through a bill that benefits a certain company for one reason or another, and you get a 'bonus', wouldn't you devote money into that sector or whatnot and get that kickback, rather than what America truly needs? That is where the largest amount of money is going to waste (Besides the War in Iraq)

Also, while you might disagree with me, I'm not entirely against Bush's upper class tax cuts. Here is my reasoning - The government takes the money, uses it for whatever reason, some will likely go to waste on some pointless project, some will be used worthwhile. Now, that money that the government would usually take in taxes, doesn't take. What happens? One of a few options - the person saves the money (for interest), the person invests, and the person can spend. Now, saving money, in economics, is bad for the economy, because it slows down the velocity of the money circulation. Investing and spending, on the other hand, help boast the economy. How, you ask? Well, if a rich person uses the tax break money to invest in a new house or corporation, for example, what that does is boast that company's capital, allowing it to expand, hire more people, grow, so on and so forth. After all, some of these rich people made their money from investing - do you not think they would probably do a better job of putting that money into use rather than the government go through all those checkpoints? Also, if they spend the money, on cars, clothes, etc. This means those who produce those goods are getting paid, allowing them to make more of their goods, and again, growing the economy.

Now, I don't know every detail on the Bush tax cuts, but this was just an example of how upper class tax cuts can help the economy. And, this is a prime example of the media manipulation:

What looks better - tax cuts for the rich, or tax cuts for the poor? Most people in the public would obviously want tax cuts for the poor - it's only fair, right? They need that break. However, as I described, tax breaks for the rich can help bolster the economy more efficiently than the government would be able to do with that same money. However, in election year, you can bet your sweet ass that the politicians are going to stay away from that, and promise tax breaks for poor and middle class? Why? Because sadly, the average American does not understand economics as I have just explained to you, and would merely think "yes, save money for those who need it!", rather than realize that the rich spending money will give the poor additional jobs through spending and investment - after all, someone has to produce / build what they want. And as you probably know, the poor and middle class GREATLY outnumber the rich upper class, and as a result, politicians must kiss ass to get those votes.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, ok...

Laughing

Right.

It is most likely not a "pure" universal healthcare system, but a variation of it.

no... we have a "pure" UHS, citizens pay for 30% of the healthcare though, the rest is paid through the government. The problem here is that you think that the government decides what payments are made with healthcare and thats the set amount everywhere, not true. Sweden and the UK currently have fairly good HC paying over 80% of HC costs via the government. Also, keep in mind here that the average income differs per country, we're pretty high with an $8.50 minimum wage so that will obviously effect it greatly.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, ok...

Laughing

Right.

no... we have a "pure" UHS, citizens pay for 30% of the healthcare though, the rest is paid through the government. The problem here is that you think that the government decides what payments are made with healthcare and thats the set amount everywhere, not true. Sweden and the UK currently have fairly good HC paying over 80% of HC costs via the government. Also, keep in mind here that the average income differs per country, we're pretty high with an $8.50 minimum wage so that will obviously effect it greatly.

Wait, you just said 7%, now it's 30%? Perhaps my wording was funny, but with that 30%, it is close to what I was talking about.

Tell me where I said I "think" that the government decides what payments are made with healthcare and set that amount everywhere? If it is stated somewhere, then I must have gotten my wording mixed up. At any rate, how do you think that the government is able to pay over 80% of the healthcare?

I can speak from personal experience, I have visited my relatives in Russia, have had free doctor visits (usually patients bring box of chocolates, flowers, etc. as thank you), and know firsthand that the reason it is such is due to lower incomes.

As for that $8.50 minimum wage, IMO high minimum wage is TERRIBLE, raising it is also just as bad for the economy, but that is for another day and another discussion (At any rate, Canada is not a mass producing country, does not require large quantities of cheap labor, thus easier to have higher minimum wage).
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:11 pm

Quote :
Wait, you just said 7%, now it's 30%? Perhaps my wording was funny, but with that 30%, it is close to what I was talking about.

Tell me where I said I "think" that the government decides what payments are made with healthcare and set that amount everywhere? If it is stated somewhere, then I must have gotten my wording mixed up. At any rate, how do you think that the government is able to pay over 80% of the healthcare?

I can speak from personal experience, I have visited my relatives in Russia, have had free doctor visits (usually patients bring box of chocolates, flowers, etc. as thank you), and know firsthand that the reason it is such is due to lower incomes.

As for that $8.50 minimum wage, IMO high minimum wage is TERRIBLE, raising it is also just as bad for the economy, but that is for another day and another discussion (At any rate, Canada is not a mass producing country, does not require large quantities of cheap labor, thus easier to have higher minimum wage).

- 7% of our income is used to pay for healthcare. 30% of healthcare is paid for by the citizens. Two totally different things.

-its evident since you made a bold statement saying 30-60% of incomes are spend on UHS, which isn't true in quite a few cases, so you obviously assumed it was like that everywhere. Then when I corrected you by saying Canadians only spend on average 7% of their income on HC you said we must not have a "pure?" HC.

-we've got the money kickin around to have a high minimum wage, we spend almost nothing on our war machines which normally takes up an incredible amount of money. It isnt bad for the economy if it isnt being used anywhere else. We also have 2 taxes in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Garrysingh123
Water Boy
Garrysingh123

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-21

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:11 pm

I love this thread, we are supposed to be talking about hockey, and u guys are talking about economy, healthcare, war, obesity and fishing.
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Garrysingh123 wrote:
I love this thread, we are supposed to be talking about hockey, and u guys are talking about economy, healthcare, war, obesity and fishing.

Welcome to the league, get used to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Sponsored content

BOO Empty
PostSubject: Re: BOO   BOO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BOO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: League Lounge :: NHL Discussion-
Jump to: