The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2nd Most Powerful Politician?

Go down 
+3
NorCal-TitanFan
SoxNats08
Nerd85
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964
Personalized field : 2nd Most Powerful Politician? Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

2nd Most Powerful Politician? Empty
PostSubject: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Who do you guys think is the 2nd most powerful member of the government (after the prez)?

It is gonna be my Civics essay question for the final exam so this will be a good group brainstorm for me Smile
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:28 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Who do you guys think is the 2nd most powerful member of the government (after the prez)?

It is gonna be my Civics essay question for the final exam so this will be a good group brainstorm for me Smile

Zach already told me what he thought, and he gave me reasons so I'm awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
NorCal-TitanFan
Veteran
NorCal-TitanFan

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 11:59 pm

congress as a whole.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:00 am

NorCal-TitanFan wrote:
congress as a whole.

Agreed, but it has to a be a person.
Back to top Go down
NorCal-TitanFan
Veteran
NorCal-TitanFan

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:08 am

The Speaker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:09 am

Dick Cheney
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:44 am

2nd Most Powerful Politician? Dick-cheney-angry

LOL

I would have to say Condoleezza Rice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:50 am

Hmmm... Not sure if this counts as "politician", but this guy is, in my opinion, the 2nd most powerful man in the US (If you exclude the Pres as the "Commander in Chief" of the Military, then he's #1):

2nd Most Powerful Politician? 481px-Ben_Bernanke
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:04 am

Desert Demon wrote:
Hmmm... Not sure if this counts as "politician", but this guy is, in my opinion, the 2nd most powerful man in the US (If you exclude the Pres as the "Commander in Chief" of the Military, then he's #1):

Isn't he some professor? I remember that pic was used in the old league
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:38 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Not exactly, it's Ben Bernanke, he's a financial expert and is the chairman of the board of governors of the Federal Reserve

DD didn't put his name to stress the point that most Americans are oblivious to who really has a lot of control over the government

Also, however said the Vice President, you couldn't be more wrong, the Vice President doesn't even have much to do in government and also isn't very powerful, he is supposed to be the "President of the Senate" and breaks a gridlock vote, but rarely does he ever preform any of these duties, many times, it is the President Pro Tempore that, for the most part heads the Senate and breaks the gridlock votes, our current president pro tempore is Robert Byrd. The Speaker of the House, currently Nancy Pelosi, also has less power than people give her credit for

To define the 2nd most powerful person in the government is nearly impossible because, other than the president, there is no single person that has nearly dictatorial powers on certain issues and the like
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:45 am

hmmm good question, Speaker of the house maybe, cheif justice?
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Maybe attorney general or something.... idk really.
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:16 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
hmmm good question, Speaker of the house maybe, cheif justice?
Both get too much credit, they have few responsibilities/power over the other members of their group
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:20 pm

The Chief of White House staff is really underrated, and he has a direct say in what information gets to the president or not.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:53 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Not exactly, it's Ben Bernanke, he's a financial expert and is the chairman of the board of governors of the Federal Reserve

DD didn't put his name to stress the point that most Americans are oblivious to who really has a lot of control over the government

Also, however said the Vice President, you couldn't be more wrong, the Vice President doesn't even have much to do in government and also isn't very powerful, he is supposed to be the "President of the Senate" and breaks a gridlock vote, but rarely does he ever preform any of these duties, many times, it is the President Pro Tempore that, for the most part heads the Senate and breaks the gridlock votes, our current president pro tempore is Robert Byrd. The Speaker of the House, currently Nancy Pelosi, also has less power than people give her credit for

To define the 2nd most powerful person in the government is nearly impossible because, other than the president, there is no single person that has nearly dictatorial powers on certain issues and the like

clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Most Powerful Politician?   2nd Most Powerful Politician? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Most Powerful Politician?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: League Lounge :: Politics/World News-
Jump to: