The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Compensationary Picks

Go down 
+2
Big_Z
Desert Demon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Compensationary Picks Empty
PostSubject: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:56 pm

I've thought about this for a little while.

For the lucky teams that didn't have their first and 'traded' away another first, thus they essentially got value for 2 firsts when they only had one, and have a competitive advantage.

Anyways, where would we place those compensationary picks? Would the team with the 'compensationary pick' pick right after the team with the 'real pick'? Or would the compensationary picks be at the end of whatever round they were traded in, in order of worst record?

Personally, here is my opinion:

The "compensationary picks" that are traded (i.e. IF the 49ers traded their first that they 'don't have', or if some other team traded theirs, such as the Colts) should not be kept as 08 picks, but rather, changed into their 09 counterparts. Therefore, these 'compensationary picks' are not longer compensationary, but rather, are placed one year ahead.

Now, I know that we are not allowed to 'trade' 09 and future picks, but I believe this is the best way to keep things from being 'messy' in terms of throwing in picks, plus the teams that 'traded away' picks that they 'don't have', don't get that advantage anymore; they would be losing that pick in 09 instead.

I figure, make a list of these 'compensationary picks', then when the 09 draft arrives, the pick would be (on the game) selected technically by that team, but in reality and on here, it would be the team that got that 'compensationary pick' that makes the selection, then Sox could easily just sign a few scrubs to have the players selected traded to their respectable teams. Or Sox could sign and trade the draft picks prior to the draft, same thing, but prior instead of after.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:01 pm

Desert Demon wrote:

For the lucky teams that didn't have their first and 'traded' away another first, thus they essentially got value for 2 firsts when they only had one, and have a competitive advantage.

Anyways, where would we place those compensationary picks? Would the team with the 'compensationary pick' pick right after the team with the 'real pick'? Or would the compensationary picks be at the end of whatever round they were traded in, in order of worst record?

The "compensationary picks" that are traded (i.e. IF the 49ers traded their first that they 'don't have', or if some other team traded theirs, such as the Colts) should not be kept as 08 picks, but rather, changed into their 09 counterparts. Therefore, these 'compensationary picks' are not longer compensationary, but rather, are placed one year ahead.

Now, I know that we are not allowed to 'trade' 09 and future picks, but I believe this is the best way to keep things from being 'messy' in terms of throwing in picks, plus the teams that 'traded away' picks that they 'don't have', don't get that advantage anymore; they would be losing that pick in 09 instead.

I figure, make a list of these 'compensationary picks', then when the 09 draft arrives, the pick would be (on the game) selected technically by that team, but in reality and on here, it would be the team that got that 'compensationary pick' that makes the selection, then Sox could easily just sign a few scrubs to have the players selected traded to their respectable teams. Or Sox could sign and trade the draft picks prior to the draft, same thing, but prior instead of after.

Thoughts?

okay i THINK i understand what youre saying, and while its a great idea...but doesnt that mean that teams like the panthers who received the second round draft pick that the texans dont have, would have to wait until 2009 to make their selection?

or are you saying that the teams that traded the picks should be stripped of their 09 second?

cause if youre saying that then that is fine, and a great idea
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Big_Z wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Thoughts?

okay i THINK i understand what youre saying, and while its a great idea...but doesnt that mean that teams like the panthers who received the second round draft pick that the texans dont have, would have to wait until 2009 to make their selection?

or are you saying that the teams that traded the picks should be stripped of their 09 second?

Yeah, what I'm saying is that they have to wait until the 09 draft to make their 'pick' that they got from that team.

Compensation for the wait could also be given, like maybe 2-3 contract oints or something, nothing major.
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:21 pm

If a team made a move, like the browns did they SHOULDNT get a pick. I mean the rich would keep getting richer there.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:31 pm

SilverNBlackAttack wrote:
If a team made a move, like the browns did they SHOULDNT get a pick. I mean the rich would keep getting richer there.

I think it's already been voted that teams who got those 'fake' picks, are keeping them as 'compensationary' picks, I'm just suggesting bumping those picks back a year.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:34 pm

f

for the record i never traded my "fake" pick
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:40 pm

Big_Z wrote:
f

No but you traded Brady Quinn there for that was your pick.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Big_Z wrote:
f

How? That makes no sense......... Quinn is a player, not a pick.... His 'pick' in the first of 08 (because of getting Quinn) belongs to the Dallas Cowboys. He has not 'double dipped' and traded HIS 'first' that he doesn't have.
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
f

How? That makes no sense......... Quinn is a player, not a pick.... His 'pick' in the first of 08 (because of getting Quinn) belongs to the Dallas Cowboys. He has not 'double dipped' and traded HIS 'first' that he doesn't have.

No he traded Brady Quinn right?

The browns traded there 1st for the rights to draft quinn there for he shouldnt have a 1st pick.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:01 am

Desert Demon wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
f

No he traded Brady Quinn right?

The browns traded there 1st for the rights to draft quinn there for he shouldnt have a 1st pick.

Um, he doesn't have his first round pick?

What was agreed upon was that teams that DID trade away picks they didn't have (like IF the Browns DID trade away their 'first', which they don't have and didn't do), THEN the team that got the 'fake' pick would wait until 09 to use it, and get like 2-3 CP as compensation for the wait (and making the mistake of not double checking if they have the pick or not).

The Browns got Quinn in the 07 draft, traded their 08 to do that. Their 08 belongs to the Cowboys. Nothing changes. However, IF He HAD traded it away again (which he didn't), THEN the team getting it would wait until 09 to use that pick.

Honestly, the lack of communication from higher up inadvertintly led to this situation.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Compensationary Picks Admin

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Desert Demon wrote:

Thoughts?

I actually think this is a pretty good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Big_Z wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Thoughts?

that works too, so if like if the Browns had traded Quinn and their 1st, they would lose their 09 1st... only thing is they gain the difference between an 08 1st and 09 1st, which is a pretty big difference. But its definitely a start.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:54 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Thoughts?

that works too, so if like if the Browns had traded Quinn and their 1st, they would lose their 09 1st... only thing is they gain the difference between an 08 1st and 09 1st, which is a pretty big difference. But its definitely a start.

Yeah, I realized that, 1 year wait isn't fun, so I figured maybe a few contract points to the other team (doesn't hurt players or other picks)?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Thoughts?

Yeah, I realized that, 1 year wait isn't fun, so I figured maybe a few contract points to the other team (doesn't hurt players or other picks)?

Yeah that would be good.

I think this about solves the problem...

And Z, about the trade problem, this is what I'll do:

You can have a 24 hr window to negotiate a new trade with yayan and if you guys both agree on a deal before the 24 hr mark, the TC will vote on it and if its approved I'll unprocess the Redskins/49ers trade and process your trade.

That sounds pretty fair to me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:52 pm

36 hours please!!!
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:57 pm

Why 36..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:01 pm

So I dont have to rush a decision.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:06 pm

uh no... 24
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Thats kinda gay....
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:32 pm

why 36...
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm

im actually really busy the next couple days...can we have untill tomorrow at midnight to try and work something out?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:40 pm

Big_Z wrote:
im actually really busy the next couple days...can we have untill tomorrow at midnight to try and work something out?

if u mean the tuesday/wednesday midnight, then ok i guess.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:44 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

if u mean the tuesday/wednesday midnight, then ok i guess.

okay thanks man i appreciate it
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 5:54 pm

no problem
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:03 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Thoughts?

I actually think this is a pretty good idea.

how did u post around 12?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compensationary Picks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next