The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Compensationary Picks

Go down 
+2
Big_Z
Desert Demon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:07 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
I've thought about this for a little while.

For the lucky teams that didn't have their first and 'traded' away another first, thus they essentially got value for 2 firsts when they only had one, and have a competitive advantage.

Anyways, where would we place those compensationary picks? Would the team with the 'compensationary pick' pick right after the team with the 'real pick'? Or would the compensationary picks be at the end of whatever round they were traded in, in order of worst record?

Personally, here is my opinion:

The "compensationary picks" that are traded (i.e. IF the 49ers traded their first that they 'don't have', or if some other team traded theirs, such as the Colts) should not be kept as 08 picks, but rather, changed into their 09 counterparts. Therefore, these 'compensationary picks' are not longer compensationary, but rather, are placed one year ahead.

Now, I know that we are not allowed to 'trade' 09 and future picks, but I believe this is the best way to keep things from being 'messy' in terms of throwing in picks, plus the teams that 'traded away' picks that they 'don't have', don't get that advantage anymore; they would be losing that pick in 09 instead.

I figure, make a list of these 'compensationary picks', then when the 09 draft arrives, the pick would be (on the game) selected technically by that team, but in reality and on here, it would be the team that got that 'compensationary pick' that makes the selection, then Sox could easily just sign a few scrubs to have the players selected traded to their respectable teams. Or Sox could sign and trade the draft picks prior to the draft, same thing, but prior instead of after.

Thoughts?

I actually think this is a pretty good idea.

how did u post around 12?

I got a note to write my latin paper in the computer lab Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:09 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
I've thought about this for a little while.

For the lucky teams that didn't have their first and 'traded' away another first, thus they essentially got value for 2 firsts when they only had one, and have a competitive advantage.

Anyways, where would we place those compensationary picks? Would the team with the 'compensationary pick' pick right after the team with the 'real pick'? Or would the compensationary picks be at the end of whatever round they were traded in, in order of worst record?

Personally, here is my opinion:

The "compensationary picks" that are traded (i.e. IF the 49ers traded their first that they 'don't have', or if some other team traded theirs, such as the Colts) should not be kept as 08 picks, but rather, changed into their 09 counterparts. Therefore, these 'compensationary picks' are not longer compensationary, but rather, are placed one year ahead.

Now, I know that we are not allowed to 'trade' 09 and future picks, but I believe this is the best way to keep things from being 'messy' in terms of throwing in picks, plus the teams that 'traded away' picks that they 'don't have', don't get that advantage anymore; they would be losing that pick in 09 instead.

I figure, make a list of these 'compensationary picks', then when the 09 draft arrives, the pick would be (on the game) selected technically by that team, but in reality and on here, it would be the team that got that 'compensationary pick' that makes the selection, then Sox could easily just sign a few scrubs to have the players selected traded to their respectable teams. Or Sox could sign and trade the draft picks prior to the draft, same thing, but prior instead of after.

Thoughts?

I actually think this is a pretty good idea.

how did u post around 12?

I got a note to write my latin paper in the computer lab Wink Wink

latin is only useful to learn if youre going to be a doctor
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:10 pm

and its sort of helpful with random vocab
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 9:09 am

OK the deadline passed.

Anyway, would anyone like to volunteer to figure out who will recieve the 2009 compensatory picks?
Back to top Go down
superskin6
Veteran
superskin6

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:43 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
OK the deadline passed.

Anyway, would anyone like to volunteer to figure out who will recieve the 2009 compensatory picks?

If you can explain how you get them(I've never been real good with those rules) I'll be glad to do them.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 4:46 pm

Ugh I thought I already explained it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compensationary Picks   Compensationary Picks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compensationary Picks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2