The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sunday Times

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964
Personalized field : The Sunday Times Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:41 pm

All League General Newspaper articles will be posted here (sundays).
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Contract Re-Signing Disputes Continue

We're in Week 10 of the regular season, but already talks have been going on between Owners and the League Front Office about a new rule change for the offseason.

Last Thursdy, Head Commisioner SoxNats08 posted a new rule change to the contract re-signing system. The change increases the number of points for each category to re-sign a player, making it more difficult to hold on to players that could become unrestricted free agents in the offseason.

This adjustment immediately generated some negative feedback from the Owners Association. They argue that the change was implemented too late in the season, past the trade deadline, and that their previous plans for the offseason have been significantly damaged.

According to Association representative Desert Demon, "What I do not understand is having this rule change AFTER trade deadline and before the offseason - in other words, teams, such as myself, who traded for very high rated players on 1 year deals, are suddenly placed in a very tight spot in terms of resigning their players, and might even be unable to resign a player or two. I personally think, and I'm sure the vast majority of GMs will agree with me, that while this system (or a variation of it) should be implemented, it should be done for next season, and the current / old system stay for this season."

As the majority of GMs did in fact agree with him, the League Office stands firmly by their recent changes. They point out that if the change does not go into affect this season, many teams will be regretting it. Assistant Commisioner Nerd85 explains: "You guys will deeply regret it when we get to the FA periods and there are only a few player 80+, all of which are old. This is for the benefit of the entire league and is a good decision in the long run."

While this is still an ongoing issue, it may very quickly get out of hand, and both sides are pressured to come to an agreement. We all are hoping that this gets worked out soon, and we won't see a lockout for next season.

--Nerd85; Times Corrsepondent
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm

I love how the new correspondent is also the assistant commy Wink
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:41 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:

It was unbiased Smile
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

It was unbiased Smile

True. Is this your paper?
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:50 pm

I will take the Arizona Cardinals to the AFL if this is not settled!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:02 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

It was unbiased Smile

True. Is this your paper?

I guess. Not for my team, but every sunday I'll post some articles about the league news and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sunday Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sunday Times   The Sunday Times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sunday Times
Page 1 of 1