The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injuries discussion

Go down 
+7
Touchdown Jesus!
Desert Demon
NorCal-TitanFan
Nerd85
PatFan
PackersOwnAll
SoxNats08
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Injuries discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
completely agreed with mk

and about the bandwagon fans, honestly i kinda wish we didnt have such good teams in boston so we wouldnt be grouped as bandwagon fans. i was about 7 when we won the first SB, and even then i didnt like football, i didnt start liking it until the 2003 season.

your from boston?

yeah so am i

and so am i Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Injuries discussion - Page 3 Admin

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

and about the bandwagon fans, honestly i kinda wish we didnt have such good teams in boston so we wouldnt be grouped as bandwagon fans. i was about 7 when we won the first SB, and even then i didnt like football, i didnt start liking it until the 2003 season.

your from boston?

you didnt know that?
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:47 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

your from boston?

you didnt know that?

I thought you were from New Jersey

wada
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

your from boston?

you didnt know that?

I thought you were from New Jersey

wada

If I was from NJ, I'd be a Nets, Giants, and hopefully Mets fan.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:06 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
well you quoted mk when he said its easy to set record when you play until your 38 and you said "mk is right about this" so I just figured.

and INTs or not, favre averages only like 1 less PR then marino does. Having the INTs he has and still maintaining a PR like that is impressive. Not to mention GB has always been a passing team, what do you expect?

I expect him TO NOT THROW GOD DAMN INTERCEPTIONS Evil or Very Mad

He has a gunslinger mentality, what do you expect?

While he does own the INT record, he got it because of his aggressive style of play, which is why people loved it when he played (along with the passion that he exhibited). He played as long as Marino, and imo got that TD fair and square. He never missed a game. How much more do you want a guy to not be considered 'overrated'? Rolling Eyes

Rant on NE Follows:

Oh I forgot, lemme jump on the NE Patriots BANDWAGON, and proclaim Brady the greatest of all time.

Not going to accuse anyone, but I personally found it interesting - 8 years ago, you couldn't find a soul who supported the Patriots (where I lived, there was 1 kid who liked them, and he was from up North, loved the Red Sox too). Nowadays, you can usually find at least one a day, no matter where you go, and at least a dozen in sports bars on game day.

Now, I support the Titans, and I started to like them from right before the Super Bowl vs the Rams, you could have considered me bandwagon then (I didn't have a reason other than I liked McNair), but I've stuck through with them through the down years, and have invested my time, money, and interest in them.

I'm just wondering how many of these "New England Patriots" fans are going to be around when Brady retires, BB moves on, and they crawl back to obscurity that they were dwelling in until the video tape era.

0-3 in Super Bowls outside the video taping era.
3-0 in Super Bowls during the video taping era.

Not going to say if the tapes did or did not help, but the facts show that BB has not been entirely forthcoming, and some questions are yet unanswered, but when one looks back on this decade during the 2020s, 2030s, don't you think they'll raise their eyebrows when they see that?

Now, if BB and Brady continue to win and win 3 of the next 5 SB or whatever, sure, great. However, those previous SB victories did play a role (and potentially those tapes). They helped establish a winning attitude and a desire in veteran players who wished to win to go there for less money.

How things would have been without the taping, no one will ever know. But those tapes could either have almost no significance in games (even at minimum, they helped for signals vs division rivals, and that's minimum), or those tapes could have unimaginable ramifications (influence championship teams, and future teams).

Meh.

Back to Favre discussion:

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/passing

Those are stats after the 2006 season, not updated for 2007 season yet, so we are going to use a reliable source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_(individual)

Most Pass Attempts, Career, 8,758, Brett Favre, 1991-2008
Most Pass Completions, Career, 5,377, Brett Favre, 1991-2008
Most Passing Touchdowns, Career, 442, Brett Favre, 1991-2008
Most Passing Interceptions, Career, 288, Brett Favre, 1991-2008
Most Passing Yards, Career, 61,657, Brett Favre, 1991-2008
Most Games, 300 Yards or More Passing, Career, 63, Brett Favre, 1991-2008

Leads 5 of the desirable categories for passing, 1 undesirable category

Now let's break down his stats against what is considered to be the "Gold Standard" for Quarterbacks for this time (I'm sure in the future, people will use Favre, Manning(Peyton), and Brady as the "Gold Standards"), Dan Marino:

http://www.nfl.com/players/careerstats?id=FAV540222

Career Stats
TDs - 442
INTs - 288
YDS - 61,655
RTG - 85.7
Games played - 257
Attempts - 8,758
Completions - 5,377
Completion % - 61.4%
Yards per Game - 239.9
TD % - 5
INT % - 3.3
Sacks - 439

Won't consider rushing, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/players/danmarino/careerstats?id=MAR149079

Career Stats
TDs - 420
INTs - 252
YDS - 61,361
RTG - 86.4
Games played - 242
Attempts - 8,358
Completions - 4,967
Completion % - 59.4%
Yards per Game - 253.6
TD % - 5
INT % - 3
Sacks - 270

Additional stats - Since they joined their respective teams (Fins and Packers), both QBs have only had 1 losing (below .500) season.

Marino played with 2 HOF: His Center, Dwight Stephenson 57, C (1980-87), Elected 1998; and his coach, Don Shula, Head Coach (1970-95), Elected 1997

Favre played with 1 HOF (Thus far): 92 Reggie White, DE, 1993-1998

Favre's rookie season was essentially a redshirt; one could state he played 16 seasons

Marino has fewer attempts, etc. due to one great advantage that Favre had: Marine got hurt in his career, Favre grinded it out through his injuries.

I recall Favre getting knocked hard in a game a few years back, staying in it, throwing a touchdown, then diagnosed with a concussion and left the game. How many QBs can say they drove their team and threw a TD during a game when they had a concussion?

At any rate, the stats show this: Favre has 22 more TDs, 26 more INTs, 294 more yards, .7 passer rating lower, 15 more total games played, 400 more attempts, 410 more completions, 2% more completions, 13.7 less yards per game, a higher TD to INT ratio (5:3.3 compared to 5:3), and many more sacks (169 more).

Overall:
Favre - More TDs, more INTs, more Yards, more Total games, more attempts, more completions, higher completion percentage
Marino - Higher passer rating, more yards per game, lower TD:INT ration, fewer sacks

Oh, almost forgot: Marino - 0 rings, Favre - 1 ring

And please don't use the argument that "Favre had more games to play in, so of course he'd get more records". The fact that (rookie season aside), he played in 16 consecutive seasons, all the games, and the playoff games, should not be used against him, but rather show a testiment of his toughness and durability, which are superior to Marino's. Also, stats show, he has 400 more attempts, but 410 more completions, higher percentage for completions. While it is true that he has many more INTs and higher TD-INT ratio than Marino, one must remember - Favre's style of play led to that. Not saying it is ok, but that is what Favre was known for - Cannon arm, gunslinger mentality, and passion for the game.

If you are calling a first ballot HOF QB, arguably one of the best EVER (I don't think we can state clear-cut who the single best QB who ever played the game was, perhaps it will be Manning or Brady when all is said and done), but to say he's overrated, means that every player who has ever laced up to play the QB position has to be overrated.

When people hype you up, you have to be worthy of that hype. With Favre being in the highest echelon of players who played the Quarterback position, how much 'higher' can you get? God? No, Favre is worthy of this hype, and as much as you people will hate it, Favre's legend will continue to go on for many years, and just as people talk about Marino constantly today as one of the best ever, people will continue to talk about Favre as one of the best ever. There will always be haters and those who dislike him for various reasons, but stats, and his style of playing, cannot be denied.

Favre did more than just play the game - he made the game fun to watch. I distinctly remember, when I was a kid, one of the first times I began to watch football on TV and see highlights, it was Favre and the Packers.

I am saddened, yet at the same time happy for Favre to retire, to go out on his own terms, rather than forced to retire due to injury or some other reason. The man didn't do it for the money (though that never hurts), he did it for the love of the game, something that you wish you saw more of in players nowadays.

You're comparing him to Marino, but no one cares about Marino...

HAHAHAHA!

Shame this isn't on FF, I'd have a new sig quote.

That statement, shows how ignorant and young you are to the game of football.

At any rate, you declared Favre overrated, I compared him, statistically, with what most people would consider the greatest (at least stat wise) quarterback in the history of the sport. If you mean Favre is overrated, then by golly every quarterback ever was overrated.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
well you quoted mk when he said its easy to set record when you play until your 38 and you said "mk is right about this" so I just figured.

and INTs or not, favre averages only like 1 less PR then marino does. Having the INTs he has and still maintaining a PR like that is impressive. Not to mention GB has always been a passing team, what do you expect?

While he does own the INT record, he got it because of his aggressive style of play, which is why people loved it when he played (along with the passion that he exhibited). He played as long as Marino, and imo got that TD fair and square. He never missed a game. How much more do you want a guy to not be considered 'overrated'? Rolling Eyes

Rant on NE Follows:

Oh I forgot, lemme jump on the NE Patriots BANDWAGON, and proclaim Brady the greatest of all time.

Not going to accuse anyone, but I personally found it interesting - 8 years ago, you couldn't find a soul who supported the Patriots (where I lived, there was 1 kid who liked them, and he was from up North, loved the Red Sox too). Nowadays, you can usually find at least one a day, no matter where you go, and at least a dozen in sports bars on game day.

Now, I support the Titans, and I started to like them from right before the Super Bowl vs the Rams, you could have considered me bandwagon then (I didn't have a reason other than I liked McNair), but I've stuck through with them through the down years, and have invested my time, money, and interest in them.

I'm just wondering how many of these "New England Patriots" fans are going to be around when Brady retires, BB moves on, and they crawl back to obscurity that they were dwelling in until the video tape era.

Not going to say if the tapes did or did not help, but the facts show that BB has not been entirely forthcoming, and some questions are yet unanswered, but when one looks back on this decade during the 2020s, 2030s, don't you think they'll raise their eyebrows when they see that?

Now, if BB and Brady continue to win and win 3 of the next 5 SB or whatever, sure, great. However, those previous SB victories did play a role (and potentially those tapes). They helped establish a winning attitude and a desire in veteran players who wished to win to go there for less money.

How things would have been without the taping, no one will ever know. But those tapes could either have almost no significance in games (even at minimum, they helped for signals vs division rivals, and that's minimum), or those tapes could have unimaginable ramifications (influence championship teams, and future teams).

Meh.

Those are stats after the 2006 season, not updated for 2007 season yet, so we are going to use a reliable source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_(individual)

Now let's break down his stats against what is considered to be the "Gold Standard" for Quarterbacks for this time (I'm sure in the future, people will use Favre, Manning(Peyton), and Brady as the "Gold Standards"), Dan Marino:

Career Stats
TDs - 442
INTs - 288
YDS - 61,655
RTG - 85.7
Games played - 257
Attempts - 8,758
Completions - 5,377
Completion % - 61.4%
Yards per Game - 239.9
TD % - 5
INT % - 3.3
Sacks - 439

Career Stats
TDs - 420
INTs - 252
YDS - 61,361
RTG - 86.4
Games played - 242
Attempts - 8,358
Completions - 4,967
Completion % - 59.4%
Yards per Game - 253.6
TD % - 5
INT % - 3
Sacks - 270

Additional stats - Since they joined their respective teams (Fins and Packers), both QBs have only had 1 losing (below .500) season.

Marino played with 2 HOF: His Center, Dwight Stephenson 57, C (1980-87), Elected 1998; and his coach, Don Shula, Head Coach (1970-95), Elected 1997

Favre's rookie season was essentially a redshirt; one could state he played 16 seasons

Marino has fewer attempts, etc. due to one great advantage that Favre had: Marine got hurt in his career, Favre grinded it out through his injuries.

I recall Favre getting knocked hard in a game a few years back, staying in it, throwing a touchdown, then diagnosed with a concussion and left the game. How many QBs can say they drove their team and threw a TD during a game when they had a concussion?

At any rate, the stats show this: Favre has 22 more TDs, 26 more INTs, 294 more yards, .7 passer rating lower, 15 more total games played, 400 more attempts, 410 more completions, 2% more completions, 13.7 less yards per game, a higher TD to INT ratio (5:3.3 compared to 5:3), and many more sacks (169 more).

Overall:
Favre - More TDs, more INTs, more Yards, more Total games, more attempts, more completions, higher completion percentage
Marino - Higher passer rating, more yards per game, lower TD:INT ration, fewer sacks

And please don't use the argument that "Favre had more games to play in, so of course he'd get more records". The fact that (rookie season aside), he played in 16 consecutive seasons, all the games, and the playoff games, should not be used against him, but rather show a testiment of his toughness and durability, which are superior to Marino's. Also, stats show, he has 400 more attempts, but 410 more completions, higher percentage for completions. While it is true that he has many more INTs and higher TD-INT ratio than Marino, one must remember - Favre's style of play led to that. Not saying it is ok, but that is what Favre was known for - Cannon arm, gunslinger mentality, and passion for the game.

If you are calling a first ballot HOF QB, arguably one of the best EVER (I don't think we can state clear-cut who the single best QB who ever played the game was, perhaps it will be Manning or Brady when all is said and done), but to say he's overrated, means that every player who has ever laced up to play the QB position has to be overrated.

When people hype you up, you have to be worthy of that hype. With Favre being in the highest echelon of players who played the Quarterback position, how much 'higher' can you get? God? No, Favre is worthy of this hype, and as much as you people will hate it, Favre's legend will continue to go on for many years, and just as people talk about Marino constantly today as one of the best ever, people will continue to talk about Favre as one of the best ever. There will always be haters and those who dislike him for various reasons, but stats, and his style of playing, cannot be denied.

Favre did more than just play the game - he made the game fun to watch. I distinctly remember, when I was a kid, one of the first times I began to watch football on TV and see highlights, it was Favre and the Packers.

I am saddened, yet at the same time happy for Favre to retire, to go out on his own terms, rather than forced to retire due to injury or some other reason. The man didn't do it for the money (though that never hurts), he did it for the love of the game, something that you wish you saw more of in players nowadays.

HAHAHAHA!

At any rate, you declared Favre overrated, I compared him, statistically, with what most people would consider the greatest (at least stat wise) quarterback in the history of the sport. If you mean Favre is overrated, then by golly every quarterback ever was overrated.

OK I was taken out of context I guess with Marino, when I said no one cared about him, I meant no one in this argument had mentioned him, but I can understand why you would make the comparison.

And I don't understand you saying that if Favre is overrated, everyone is overrated. Hell, he's not even the best QB in Packers history...
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:41 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

Rant on NE Follows:

Meh.

Career Stats
TDs - 442
INTs - 288
YDS - 61,655
RTG - 85.7
Games played - 257
Attempts - 8,758
Completions - 5,377
Completion % - 61.4%
Yards per Game - 239.9
TD % - 5
INT % - 3.3
Sacks - 439

Career Stats
TDs - 420
INTs - 252
YDS - 61,361
RTG - 86.4
Games played - 242
Attempts - 8,358
Completions - 4,967
Completion % - 59.4%
Yards per Game - 253.6
TD % - 5
INT % - 3
Sacks - 270

Overall:

HAHAHAHA!

OK I was taken out of context I guess with Marino, when I said no one cared about him, I meant no one in this argument had mentioned him, but I can understand why you would make the comparison.

And I don't understand you saying that if Favre is overrated, everyone is overrated. Hell, he's not even the best QB in Packers history...

Green Bay Packers records

Passing

* Attempted, career: 8,758 - Brett Favre
* Attempted, season: 607 - Brett Favre (2005)
* Attempted, game: 61 - Brett Favre (1996)
* Completed, career: 5,377 - Brett Favre
* Completed, season: 372 - Brett Favre (2005)
* Completed, game: 36 - Brett Favre (1993)
* Yards, career: 61,655 - Brett Favre
* Yards, season: 4,458 - Lynn Dickey (1983)
* Yards, game: 418 - Lynn Dickey (1980)
* Touchdowns, career: 442 - Brett Favre
* Touchdowns, season: 39 - Brett Favre (1996)
* Touchdowns, game: 5 - Several times by numerous players
* Straight Completions, game: 20 - Brett Favre (2007)

If Brett Favre isn't the best QB in Packers history, who is? And don't tell me Bart Starr, he only won 1 more Super Bowl than Favre did. And as you can see, Favre has been the most prolific passer in the history of the Packers franchise.

At any rate, perhaps me saying every quarterback is overrated was awkward - what I am trying to say is that, if you criticize Favre for being overrated, it makes every other quarterback to EVER play (Marino, Montana, Starr, Aikman, Elway, etc.) be subjected to also being called 'overrated'. The one area most of those guys beat Favre in is Super Bowl rings; otherwise, he's got them beat in most statistical categories (Marino probably his closest rival). If (statistically) you are calling one of the greatest QBs ever overrated, then who 'isn't' overrated? In other words, someone has to be 'worthy' of that praise, if it isn't Favre, who is it? My point is that Favre deserves every praise that he's gotten and will get, due to his on-field accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:54 pm

I think Starr is the best QB in GB history, but thats for another time.

You have proven that Favre is good, and there is no denying that. However, he is almost given god-like status in Wisconsin. I know thats an exaggeration, but he is certainly not what many make him out to be. Anyone can be overrated, I think you are missing what I am saying. Just because someone is overrated doesn't mean they aren't very good at what they do.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:03 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:

You have proven that Favre is good, and there is no denying that. However, he is almost given god-like status in Wisconsin. I know thats an exaggeration, but he is certainly not what many make him out to be. Anyone can be overrated, I think you are missing what I am saying. Just because someone is overrated doesn't mean they aren't very good at what they do.

Don't quite get how that works. When someone says a player is overrated, it means that there are players better than them playing right now. If they are the best playing right now, then overrated means all-time, there are better players. When you are amongst the very best who ever played, and you are being called overrated.... who do you compare being overrated to?

If he's got a god-like status in Wisconsin, it's because the fans love what he's done, and he's earned it. Nothing 'overrated' about that. And what exactly is it that many 'make him out to be' that he is not?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Don't quite get how that works. When someone says a player is overrated, it means that there are players better than them playing right now. If they are the best playing right now, then overrated means all-time, there are better players. When you are amongst the very best who ever played, and you are being called overrated.... who do you compare being overrated to?

If he's got a god-like status in Wisconsin, it's because the fans love what he's done, and he's earned it. Nothing 'overrated' about that. And what exactly is it that many 'make him out to be' that he is not?

No, overrated means that he gets more credit than he deserves. And in any case, Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL currently, hands down. No homerism, just the truth.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:22 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

No, overrated means that he gets more credit than he deserves. And in any case, Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL currently, hands down. No homerism, just the truth.

Ok, if he's "overrated", then who does deserve that amount of credit? IMO, he's earned it, all of it.

Years in the future, people will look back, and still talk about Favre. He will be remembered as one of the best to ever play the game, and imo no amount of hype can make him 'overrated'. Most people probably think that because he's not been as good the last few years (perhaps excluding last year), but trust me, stat wise, play wise, he's earned it.

As for Brady, yes, "CURRENTLY", he is one of the best, and if he retired right now, would be mentioned among the best all time. However, there is this one guy named Peyton Manning that some may consider to be a better quarterback, hands down, no homerism, just the truth.

The Patriots 3 super bowl victories came a a result of excellent defensive game planning and execution, and executing on the final drive and finding the holes in the defense to pick up yards to get into field goal range (interesting.... Wink ). Brady stayed cool in the pocket, and kept his poise. However, I would say that the NE Defense was more significant in winnning those SB than Brady.

If you remember Peyton, he put up superb stats, but back when his defense sucked, he couldn't get far in the playoffs. His defense finally picked up, what happens? SB Victory.

Plus I don't like Tom Brady much, he's a lil girl, throws the ball away rather than take a lick, what a pansy Wink
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:29 pm

Overrated means a player is percieved to be better than what he actually is.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:47 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:

Favre is actually a top 5, possible top 3, QB to ever play.

Don't know how much better you can be, when he can even make a case for #1.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Definitely top 10, no argument about that, but there is no way you can make a case for him being #1.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:34 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Definitely top 10, no argument about that, but there is no way you can make a case for him being #1.

If someone wished to make an argument, they could.

Examples: TD Record, Consecutive games played, SB Ring, passing yards, career passer rating, etc.

Possible.

Just because you have not seen him play through his entire career doesn't mean he's overrated.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Favre is no doubt a good QB, but there is no way he is #1. There are so many better QB's, and just the fact that he won 1 SB and threw the most INT's means that he cant be #1.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Favre is no doubt a good QB, but there is no way he is #1. There are so many better QB's, and just the fact that he won 1 SB and threw the most INT's means that he cant be #1.

So you are saying someone who is a career backup and only throws 15 INTs, with only 150 pass attempts, is a better QB?

Favre has a lot of INTs due to his style of play, but he also has the most completions, most yards, and most TDs.

Again, I didn't say he is #1, I said an argument can be made for his case.

Trust me, 10, 20 years in the future, people will look back and talk about Favre as possibly one of the greatest to ever play.

I just think there are so many different aspects for quarterbacks that there is not one single clear-cut "#1" QB. Marino used to own the passing records, but he never had any rings. Montana had a superstar supporting cast, so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware - Abdominal Tear - 7 weeks
Cowboys - Bobby Carpenter - Knee Cartilage Tear - 9 weeks
Cowboys - Bradie James - Torn Achilles Tendon - Out for season

Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Sad Sad

My LB core is a bunch of PUSSY'S.

And I am still 6-1. Come playoff time when I get the 2 back, my D will be better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:52 pm

You wont get James or Carpenter back...and Ware wont be at full strength...
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:14 pm

If he gets a bye week, he might have Ware back for the divisional round.
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:33 pm

mksadng wrote:
You wont get James or Carpenter back...and Ware wont be at full strength...

That is after week 9. Meaning 10-17 left. 8 weeks. Meaning 9 weeks away is the first round of playoffs, so Carpenter = Questionable and Ware = full strength. If I get a bye, like I am on pace too, means both full strength or Carpenter probable at worst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:17 pm

ok, i have a question. At the end of week 9, Zach Thomas had 1 week left for his injury. So that should mean after week 10 he should be healthy, right? So he should be able to start week 11? On the Week 10 Injury it says he's questionable. Does that mean he's still hurt and won't start?
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:

My LB core is a bunch of PUSY'S.

And I am still 6-1. Come playoff time when I get the 2 back, my D will be better

keep losing, i have your first cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Hellz-Bellz
Bench player
Hellz-Bellz

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:54 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
NorCal-TitanFan wrote:
I want a high draft pick this year so i can go WR or CB and then rape your butt holes next year Smile

lol

you need a QB to win games Very Happy Very Happy

i dont got a qb and im like 5-4
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:46 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

My LB core is a bunch of PUSY'S.

keep losing, i have your first cheers

Keep losing?!?!?!?! I am 7-2, how is that a keep losing comment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injuries discussion   Injuries discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injuries discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next