The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 Election thread

Go down 
+5
Everything I am
catspajamas
NorCal-TitanFan
PackersOwnAll
SoxNats08
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
catspajamas
Water Boy

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-23

2008 Election thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:14 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
If Barack Obama said kill all of the jews, the liberal brain washed college students would listen like zombies. As SS6 said below, he can make potted meat sound like Filet Mingon, but has nothing to back up his ideas except for empty promises.

....what?

I got my wording mixed up, what I was trying to say was:

- He is a great speaker, a good enough one that he can wrap people around his finger and have great influence on them
- He is that good of a speaker that he can make things seem better than they are
- When it gets to the point where he has to initiate these plans, he will have no idea what to do(speculation, but his massive inexperience mixed with his lack of depth and substance makes me and a lot of others feel the same)

Your making him sound like a demagogue-esque Hitler guy.

He uses inspirational leadership and speaking to lead the country, a tool that some of the greatest presidents used (JFK, FDR).

His policies are a bit soft/vague, I'll give you that, but they can be improved. But speaking skills and public communication, a gift that he has, cannot be simply obtained, and that gives him an edge over both Hillary and McCain.

JFK wasn't even that good of a president, his name shouldn't be mentioned with FDR. The reason he is so popular is because he had celebrity-like status, on account of his family name, good looks and that he was a great orator. JFK was tragically assassinated, and a mystery shrouds it, but he is WAY overrated as a president. He was only in office for 3 years, and his policies were very far left and many didn't pass. His biggest claim to fame is the space program, and sadly he died before he could see it. He did propse the Civil Rights act of 1964, but others did more than he did.
booo!, FDR was a dictator! lol, but seriously though, he was a close as it has ever come to tyranny in the US government since its founding

No, FDR was arguably the best president we ever had. The New Deal brought us out of the depression and helped get our economy up again. Entering the war was also a good idea in hindsight, our economy boomed, our population grew tremendously when the soliders came back, we developed the Atom Bomb(manhattan project), our military became even more of an advanced super power, and our country bonded together like never before. In my opinion, FDR was our best president.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:37 pm

catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
If Barack Obama said kill all of the jews, the liberal brain washed college students would listen like zombies. As SS6 said below, he can make potted meat sound like Filet Mingon, but has nothing to back up his ideas except for empty promises.

....what?

- He is a great speaker, a good enough one that he can wrap people around his finger and have great influence on them
- He is that good of a speaker that he can make things seem better than they are
- When it gets to the point where he has to initiate these plans, he will have no idea what to do(speculation, but his massive inexperience mixed with his lack of depth and substance makes me and a lot of others feel the same)

He uses inspirational leadership and speaking to lead the country, a tool that some of the greatest presidents used (JFK, FDR).

His policies are a bit soft/vague, I'll give you that, but they can be improved. But speaking skills and public communication, a gift that he has, cannot be simply obtained, and that gives him an edge over both Hillary and McCain.

JFK wasn't even that good of a president, his name shouldn't be mentioned with FDR. The reason he is so popular is because he had celebrity-like status, on account of his family name, good looks and that he was a great orator. JFK was tragically assassinated, and a mystery shrouds it, but he is WAY overrated as a president. He was only in office for 3 years, and his policies were very far left and many didn't pass. His biggest claim to fame is the space program, and sadly he died before he could see it. He did propse the Civil Rights act of 1964, but others did more than he did.

Someone apparently forgot that he was the man during the Cuban Missile Crisis, a time when the world was on the brink of disaster. I happened to write a senior exit paper, extended essay, guided coursework one, and several other papers on the topic.

The fact that you fail to mention this moment, which I consider the most nerveracking and potentially catastrophic moment in history, and Kennedy's actions that led to it peacefully settling, is simply sad.

Yes, Kennedy had his faults, but if you ever break down the Cuban Missile Crisis, you will see that there is arguably no better President in history at handling a delicate situation.

Was he a good President? In my opinion, yes, but that said, it is merely my opinion, and should be taken as such.
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:20 pm

catspajamas wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:

....what?

booo!, FDR was a dictator! lol, but seriously though, he was a close as it has ever come to tyranny in the US government since its founding

No, FDR was arguably the best president we ever had. The New Deal brought us out of the depression and helped get our economy up again. Entering the war was also a good idea in hindsight, our economy boomed, our population grew tremendously when the soliders came back, we developed the Atom Bomb(manhattan project), our military became even more of an advanced super power, and our country bonded together like never before. In my opinion, FDR was our best president.
Did I say he was a bad President?, no, but he was as close to a dictator we have ever come to in the US, his ways of getting his policies passed were out of line and many times unethical, the only reason you don't hear about those things is because his policies worked.
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:30 pm

catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:

....what?

What? he should. He saved our assses from Cuba. Its not his fault with the Bay of Pigs, the CIA lied, and many people said Nixon had to do with it because he was the VP and was in control of the CIA. Theres that contraversy he had somthing to do with Robert and John's assasinations. How can you say hes waay overrated? not only did he deal with the soviet union and cuba, he helped the civil rights situation and was a huge part of it.. and like you said, the space program, but even if thats all you think is improtent, shiit, thats pretty huge its self. and so what he was a suave guy always chillin with his wife, son and daughter, don't hate the guy because hes better then you. tongue

plus he was smart, he always had smart things to say. he was calmin, like FDR and his fireside chats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:41 pm

one time i had an erection for like 4 straight hours...it was from this little hottie named emily...i think nerd knows her

oooooohhhhhhhhhh you said ELECTION my bad
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Water Boy

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:57 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:

....what?

What? he should. He saved our assses from Cuba. Its not his fault with the Bay of Pigs, the CIA lied, and many people said Nixon had to do with it because he was the VP and was in control of the CIA. Theres that contraversy he had somthing to do with Robert and John's assasinations. How can you say hes waay overrated? not only did he deal with the soviet union and cuba, he helped the civil rights situation and was a huge part of it.. and like you said, the space program, but even if thats all you think is improtent, shiit, thats pretty huge its self. and so what he was a suave guy always chillin with his wife, son and daughter, don't hate the guy because hes better then you. tongue

plus he was smart, he always had smart things to say. he was calmin, like FDR and his fireside chats.

LBJ did more for Civil Rights than Kennedy. Nixon was the VP under a Democrat President? You mean LBJ. Sure the Eisenhower admin had the idea for the Invasion, but Kennedy's administration carried it through, and btw Dulles was in control of CIA. Controversy with Robert and John's assassination? Sounds like you really disliked Nixon and are looking for an excuse to hate on him. Chillin with his family, HAHAHAHA, the guy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe, Mary Meyer and supposedly more. FDR's fireside chats were extraordinary and nothing compares to them when it comes to presidential speeches/chats/
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:41 pm

catspajamas wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
catspajamas wrote:

....what?

LBJ did more for Civil Rights than Kennedy. Nixon was the VP under a Democrat President? You mean LBJ. Sure the Eisenhower admin had the idea for the Invasion, but Kennedy's administration carried it through, and btw Dulles was in control of CIA. Controversy with Robert and John's assassination? Sounds like you really disliked Nixon and are looking for an excuse to hate on him. Chillin with his family, HAHAHAHA, the guy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe, Mary Meyer and supposedly more. FDR's fireside chats were extraordinary and nothing compares to them when it comes to presidential speeches/chats/

No shit LBJ did more, JFK got shot you morron. LBJ may have not became pressident had he not gotten shot. Nixon was a VP at one time, but he lost the election Vs. Kennedy, and they say he still had the connection to the CIA so Nixon had been involved with the lieing bout the Bay of Pigs so Kennedy would look foolish and that he had the connection to the shooting because Lee Harvey Oswald was once in the Military or w/e.. but still no ones knows if some one else was with LHO.. Plus Nixon was named Tricky Dick, he always got out of shit, i wouldnt be surprized if he was always doing shit illeagal. I have nothng agenst Nixon, how could I? i was born in 1991 not in the 1940's/1950's.. yeah he did have an affair with Monroe, but that was suposaly in like 62 or 61 or w/e, after he was elected, so before that he was around his family with his pets and John JR and his wife, seeming like the perfict guy. and he was handsome to the ladys so he also got there votes. He had everything going for him and most deff would have had a huge impact on the country had he not gotten shot. sure FDR was great, passed alot of acts and shit but he also did have what? 3 terms? how many did Kennedy have? not even one.. stop low blowing kennedy in the nuts sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Election thread   2008 Election thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 Election thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2