The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 Presidential Candidate

Go down 
+8
SilverNBlackAttack
Desert Demon
Nerd85
steel66
PackersOwnAll
NorCal-TitanFan
PatsDynasty
SoxNats08
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which candidate do you like the most?
Barack Obama
2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_lcap47%2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Hillary Clinton
2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
John McCain
2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Other
2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964
Personalized field : 2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:53 am

yayanjl wrote:
Well, this is my look at it (for Desert Demon for calling my post "ignorant")

I do not want a democrat in because they promote pulling troops out of Iraq which is a horrible mistake because Iraq still needs our help. If we left them in the dust, I believe fightings would occur in Iraq soon causing a mess like what just happened with Uganda, a genocide. We need to stay in Iraq until we can get them set up with a democracy. (And for the record, I'd rather have Clinton as president rather than Obama, she has more experience as a politician.)

I do not want Ron Paul because he promotes smaller, state governments which allows states to have more power. I do not believe that will work, as the Articles of Confederation showed was not possible. The states did not understand how to use the power shown in history which is why the Constitutional Convention happened. We put in place a stable government which works, why change it? He also promotes pulling troops out of Iraq which is another downside.

I believe John McCain is a great candidate because he is a true Republican but goes with what he believes the right thing is to do. He wants to keep troops in Iraq just like Bush does. The Republican party has shown true leadership with making all the right moves in several topics such as Iraq.

There ya go Very Happy This took me 45 minutes because I did a LOT of research.

I agree with your 1st paragraph and part of your second...

But you seem like the kind of person you thought that Iraq wanted and needed our help... The United States went into Iraq because they wanted to elminate the dictator and take advantage of the oil reserves and refineries. They used the excuse that "They had nuclear weapons" and ignored the United Nations.

We wasted money and American lives on a War that did not have a reason. We aborted our mission to find Osama and instead invaded a country which we had no business in.

Iraq is a total mess right now, and by staying there any longer nothing will be truly improved. We will just be wasting money that could have been better spent somewhere else.

If you seriously think the Bush Administration has been making all the right moves in Iraq, maybe you should check out the statistics.

4,081 Troops killed.
The Purpose? That remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:18 am

Nerd85 wrote:
yayanjl wrote:

I do not want a democrat in because they promote pulling troops out of Iraq which is a horrible mistake because Iraq still needs our help. If we left them in the dust, I believe fightings would occur in Iraq soon causing a mess like what just happened with Uganda, a genocide. We need to stay in Iraq until we can get them set up with a democracy. (And for the record, I'd rather have Clinton as president rather than Obama, she has more experience as a politician.)

I do not want Ron Paul because he promotes smaller, state governments which allows states to have more power. I do not believe that will work, as the Articles of Confederation showed was not possible. The states did not understand how to use the power shown in history which is why the Constitutional Convention happened. We put in place a stable government which works, why change it? He also promotes pulling troops out of Iraq which is another downside.

I believe John McCain is a great candidate because he is a true Republican but goes with what he believes the right thing is to do. He wants to keep troops in Iraq just like Bush does. The Republican party has shown true leadership with making all the right moves in several topics such as Iraq.

But you seem like the kind of person you thought that Iraq wanted and needed our help... The United States went into Iraq because they wanted to elminate the dictator and take advantage of the oil reserves and refineries. They used the excuse that "They had nuclear weapons" and ignored the United Nations.

We wasted money and American lives on a War that did not have a reason. We aborted our mission to find Osama and instead invaded a country which we had no business in.

Iraq is a total mess right now, and by staying there any longer nothing will be truly improved. We will just be wasting money that could have been better spent somewhere else.

If you seriously think the Bush Administration has been making all the right moves in Iraq, maybe you should check out the statistics.

4,081 Troops killed.

I agree that we can't leave Iraq now, but McCain plans to stay there for more than 5 more years which we cannot do.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
superskin6
Veteran
superskin6

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:44 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
yayanjl wrote:

4,081 Troops killed.

I agree that we can't leave Iraq now, but McCain plans to stay there for more than 5 more years which we cannot do.

exactly, and that narrows it down to Clinton or Obama. Clinton has observed a president for 8 years, she will do a better job.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:53 am

superskin6 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
yayanjl wrote:

4,081 Troops killed.

exactly, and that narrows it down to Clinton or Obama. Clinton has observed a president for 8 years, she will do a better job.

It's a moot point anyway. Our civics teacher was telling us that Hillary Clinton needs 94% of the remaining superdelegates to side with her to win the nomination, whereas Obama needs only 7%.
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
superskin6
Veteran
superskin6

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:05 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
superskin6 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
yayanjl wrote:

4,081 Troops killed.

It's a moot point anyway. Our civics teacher was telling us that Hillary Clinton needs 94% of the remaining superdelegates to side with her to win the nomination, whereas Obama needs only 7%.

True, and Obama will prolly win, and at that time, I will side with him. But right now, I'm praying that Clinton can pull off a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:08 am

Obama is a better candidate anyway...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Obama is a better candidate anyway...

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:39 pm

I think that congress should change the 22nd ammendment in the constitution that says you can only have 2 terms as president so that George W. Bush can run and win again!!!

lets all just face the facts...he was the best president ever!!!

right up there with Andrew Johnson!!

G-Dub all the way in 08 WHOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by Big_Z on Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Big_Z wrote:
I think that congress should change the 22nd ammendment in the constitution that says you can only have 2 terms as president so that George W. Bush can run and win again!!!

lets all just face the facts...he was the president ever!!!

Oh yeah celebrating celebrating !
Back to top Go down
superskin6
Veteran
superskin6

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Big_Z wrote:

Please, PLEASE tell me your were joking.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 4:32 pm

superskin6 wrote:
Big_Z wrote:

Please, PLEASE tell me your were joking.

no i love G-Dub....i think we should just switch to a monarchy so that the bush family legacy can live on FOREVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Allow me to thoroughly and fully explain all that Obama can do for our nation, and the entire premise of his campaign.

Are you ready?

Here it is:

Hope.
Back to top Go down
superskin6
Veteran
superskin6

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
Allow me to thoroughly and fully explain all that Obama can do for our nation, and the entire premise of his campaign.

Are you ready?

Here it is:

Hope.

yep.

Go Clinton!!!
Back to top Go down
PatsDynasty
Veteran
PatsDynasty

Number of posts : 671

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:45 pm

superskin6 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Are you ready?

Here it is:

Hope.

yep.

Go Clinton!!!

isnt it mathematically impossible for clinton to get the nomination?
Back to top Go down
superskin6
Veteran
superskin6

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:43 pm

PatsDynasty wrote:
superskin6 wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

Are you ready?

Here it is:

Hope.

yep.

Go Clinton!!!

isnt it mathematically impossible for clinton to get the nomination?

As it is for Obama. It's all going to come down to the super delegates, and noone knows for sure how they will vote, but it most likely will be Obama Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
yayanjl wrote:

4,081 Troops killed.

Laughing

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but here is the fact that most people do not realize:

Right before we went into Iraq, what did Saddam do? He changed his currency from dollars to euros, which hurt the American Dollar. Don't you think if the US invaded, kicked his ass out of power, and reestablished the country, would send a message to other countries to not fuck with the US economically? Wink
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:55 pm

yayanjl wrote:

I wasn't calling your post ignorant, I was calling PD's post ignorant (Go check out the quote).
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Quote :

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but here is the fact that most people do not realize:

Right before we went into Iraq, what did Saddam do? He changed his currency from dollars to euros, which hurt the American Dollar. Don't you think if the US invaded, kicked his ass out of power, and reestablished the country, would send a message to other countries to not fuck with the US economically?

I havent read the previous conversation which leads to this but please tell me that you arent trying to say america went to war over a currency change
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Quote :

Right before we went into Iraq, what did Saddam do? He changed his currency from dollars to euros, which hurt the American Dollar. Don't you think if the US invaded, kicked his ass out of power, and reestablished the country, would send a message to other countries to not fuck with the US economically?

I havent read the previous conversation which leads to this but please tell me that you arent trying to say america went to war over a currency change

I do believe that is what he was trying to tell us.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Quote :

I do believe that is what he was trying to tell us.

Not saying that's the only factor, only saying that's a big factor many people aren't aware of.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:18 pm

Desert Demon wrote:

Not saying that's the only factor, only saying that's a big factor many people aren't aware of.

war is not the way to deal with that sort of thing
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:01 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

agreed. The way to deal with that is simply trade sanctions and embargos.
Back to top Go down
Desert Demon
Pro-Bowler
Desert Demon

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:36 am

Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

I agree too!

But whoever said Bush didn't wanna finish what his daddy started? huh?
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Starter
Big_Z

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Desert Demon wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

I agree too!

But whoever said Bush didn't wanna finish what his daddy started? huh?

good point, sir
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 12:25 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Desert Demon wrote:

and then bomb the shiiit outa them sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Presidential Candidate   2008 Presidential Candidate - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 Presidential Candidate
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4