The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best DL in the NFl

Go down 
+4
SoxNats08
Everything I am
SilverNBlackAttack
Vhawk413
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:34 am

With the acquisition of Jared Allen the Vikings have the best DL in the NFL, what you guys think?

DE- Ray Edwards/Brian Robison
DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Watch our NFC North QB's. Looks like Brett got out at the right time, don't think he will consider a comeback till after GB plays MN in week 1
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:39 am

Vhawk413 wrote:
With the acquisition of Jared Allen the Vikings have the best DL in the NFL, what you guys think?

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Watch our NFC North QB's. Looks like Brett got out at the right time, don't think he will consider a comeback till after GB plays MN in week 1

No Best D-line has to be the Gaints.

I mean look what they did to brady and Company
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 am

Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Don't you mean Erasmus James opposite Allen?, Ray Edwards and Brian Robison will just be in rotation, James will start
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:03 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Don't you mean Erasmus James opposite Allen?, Ray Edwards and Brian Robison will just be in rotation, James will start

No they won't. It will be lucky for James to see the field. He is always injured. He is coming back from a torn ACL right now. He has played 8 games in 2 years. He may eventually start, but not right away, trust me, I am a big Viking fan
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:04 pm

SilverNBlackAttack wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Yeah, but their DT's are not that great. Allen is a better pass rusher than any of their DE's, yes I said it, our DT's are MUCH better. Leaving them to beat MN at 1 spot
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Yeah, but their DT's are not that great. Allen is a better pass rusher than any of their DE's, yes I said it, our DT's are MUCH better. Leaving them to beat MN at 1 spot

Are you kidding me? Allen better then Osi? What are you on! Allen has one more time to fail a test and he is suspended for a whole season as well. Bad move by the Vikes
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Are you kidding me? Allen better then Osi? What are you on! Allen has one more time to fail a test and he is suspended for a whole season as well. Bad move by the Vikes
Osi is overrated, Allen trumps him by a lot, Allen is the best DE in the league, bar none, check the stats, check the tape
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:24 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Osi is overrated, Allen trumps him by a lot, Allen is the best DE in the league, bar none, check the stats, check the tape

Go check your stuff, it is not failing another test, it is getting another DUI, and since he has been sober since his last one, accounted for by his best friends and teammates, it is not a problem

Osi's stats last year - 13.0 sacks, 52 tackles, 0 passes defended, 5 forced fumbles
Jared Allen stats - 15.5 sacks, 65 tackles, 10 pass defended, 3 forced fumbles

Osi forced more fumbles last year (though on average JA forces more per year), but Allen made more plays, more sacks and Osi swatted 0 balls down. NO WAY is Osi better than Allen
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

DT- Kevin Williams
DT- Phat Pat Williams
DE- Jared Allen

Go check your stuff, it is not failing another test, it is getting another DUI, and since he has been sober since his last one, accounted for by his best friends and teammates, it is not a problem

Osi's stats last year - 13.0 sacks, 52 tackles, 0 passes defended, 5 forced fumbles
Jared Allen stats - 15.5 sacks, 65 tackles, 10 pass defended, 3 forced fumbles

Osi forced more fumbles last year (though on average JA forces more per year), but Allen made more plays, more sacks and Osi swatted 0 balls down. NO WAY is Osi better than Allen

Are you on something? Osi is still young and has a ring. Does Allen have a ring? No stats dont matter when you dont have a ring
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Are you on something? Osi is still young and has a ring. Does Allen have a ring? No stats dont matter when you dont have a ring

Yeah a ring is everything. So in that case Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better QB's than Dan Marino?

Osi and Allen are the same age

Also, Osi put up 13 sacks on a MUCH better defense and the BEST DL in 07. If Allen was on that DL, Allen would have put up 20 sacks. Allen had to worry about stopping the run and double teams every play. Osi was straight pass rush and sometimes not doubled due to Strahan on the opposite side.
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:

Yeah a ring is everything. So in that case Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are better QB's than Dan Marino?

Also, Osi put up 13 sacks on a MUCH better defense and the BEST DL in 07. If Allen was on that DL, Allen would have put up 20 sacks. Allen had to worry about stopping the run and double teams every play. Osi was straight pass rush and sometimes not doubled due to Strahan on the opposite side.

Osi is better then Allen, you ever see them play? I have Osi is much better then Allen, allen is a one year wonder it was his pay day year so he played hard for it I doubt he will see 15 sacks ever again
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:

Osi is better then Allen, you ever see them play? I have Osi is much better then Allen, allen is a one year wonder it was his pay day year so he played hard for it I doubt he will see 15 sacks ever again

Ok, you say 1 year wonder, I say look at career stats

Jared Allen - Career: 61 games - 43 sacks, 230 tackles, 25 passes defended, 13 forced fumbles
Osi Umenyiora - Career: 72 games - 41.5 sacks, 232 tackles, 8 passes defended, 14 forced fumbles

And yes i have seen them play. Both of them. Quite often. Allen is much better. His stats show it. The lack of defense around him makes his stats even better.
Back to top Go down

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

Ok, you say 1 year wonder, I say look at career stats

Jared Allen - Career: 61 games - 43 sacks, 230 tackles, 25 passes defended, 13 forced fumbles
Osi Umenyiora - Career: 72 games - 41.5 sacks, 232 tackles, 8 passes defended, 14 forced fumbles

And yes i have seen them play. Both of them. Quite often. Allen is much better. His stats show it. The lack of defense around him makes his stats even better.
I agree with VHawk, Allens way better, remember last year 6 of Osi sacks came on a backup LT who had never played in an NFL game. Osi has a HOF DE opposite of him and a DE playing DT...not to hard to get pressure when your surrounded with that talent, Jared Allen has Tamba Hali and uhhhhhhh...some DTs who are basically big fat guys who just take up space...
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 pm

Just to further my point, check out this link. I made a poll in footballsfuture.com (a very good football talk site if you are not on it) and here are the results

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4318984#4318984
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:38 pm

Osi is in no way shape or form on Allen's level, Allen is a playmaker

Hali is overrated also and only gets numbers because Allen is taking on double teams on many plays, you'll see next year when Hali is faced with double teams, for further proof, read this article on rotoworld talking about Hali and his lack of strength

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3626

Also, 6 of Osi's sacks came on Winston Justice, who was in his first start in the NFL, and was playing out of position, he is a RT, not a LT, he's not athletic enough to play LT

Allen also missed 2 games this year and still put up those numbers, bar none, he is the best defensive end in the league

Look at what he does against top competition too

Look at his stats per game, he excels against top competition too, such as Bryant Mckinnie, Levi Brown, Marcus Mcniell, etc.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5651&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fplayers%2fprofile%3fplayerId%3d5651
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:38 am

Best DL in the NFl Blazingnw5[/quote]

Here they are, the new Purple People Eaters
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:42 am

Best D-Line Best O-Line(Face it that O-line Made AD.)

Damn shame about there QB,WR,TE(I was thinking they should of drafted Fred Davis(USC TE) and etc.

But overal if you guys got a player like Culpepper you'd be in the playoffs since he and berrian would be nice deep threat then the AD effect.
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:06 am

Best D-Line Best O-Line(Face it that O-line Made AD.)

Damn shame about there QB,WR,TE(I was thinking they should of drafted Fred Davis(USC TE) and etc.

But overal if you guys got a player like Culpepper you'd be in the playoffs since he and berrian would be nice deep threat then the AD effect.

Um the OL did not make AD. Did you watch him, he broke S's ankles, plowed through LB's.

our WR's are just fine. For a running offense we are just fine at WR

TE yeah could use some help

QB could surprise people. I think he will be a solid NFL starter. Not great, but middle of the road solid, is all we need
Back to top Go down

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Saints could have a top DL if Sedrick Ellis works out, DEs played bad last year because our DTs were HORRIBLE and our best DT Bryan Young was injured, Young and Ellis is going to make a MEAN DT tandem and Charles Grant and Will Smith are one of the best DE combos in the league.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Best DL in the NFl Admin
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:50 pm

The Pats are gonna be awesome this year...

The LBs will be:

Adalius Thomas/Shawn Crable - Victor Hobson/Adalius Thomas - Jerod Mayo/Tedi Bruschi - Mike Vrabel/Shawn Crable
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:54 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:

The LBs will be:

Adalius Thomas/Shawn Crable - Victor Hobson/Adalius Thomas - Jerod Mayo/Tedi Bruschi - Mike Vrabel/Shawn Crable
Ya about time they got some good young LBs, Mayo is gunna be a good ILB and Crable is going to be a great OLB in the 3-4
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 pm

mksadng wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

The LBs will be:

Ya about time they got some good young LBs, Mayo is gunna be a good ILB and Crable is going to be a great OLB in the 3-4

My only concern about Crable is his lack of work ethic, but hopefully BB can change that.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:22 pm

mksadng wrote:
Saints could have a top DL if Sedrick Ellis works out, DEs played bad last year because our DTs were HORRIBLE and our best DT Bryan Young was injured, Young and Ellis is going to make a MEAN DT tandem and Charles Grant and Will Smith are one of the best DE combos in the league.

saints also got mccray to so now theyve actually got someone who can pass rush for grant
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

The LBs will be:

My only concern about Crable is his lack of work ethic, but hopefully BB can change that.
i watched all his games at michinga and he was good. i loved him, but now i hate him. i also loved mayo, but know i hate him also
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:33 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

The LBs will be:

i watched all his games at michinga and he was good. i loved him, but now i hate him. i also loved mayo, but know i hate him also

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best DL in the NFl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best DL in the NFl
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: League Lounge :: NFL Discussion-
Jump to: