The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best DL in the NFl

Go down 
+4
SoxNats08
Everything I am
SilverNBlackAttack
Vhawk413
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Albert was playing for the $$$$$ since it was his contract year.
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:08 pm

SilverNBlackAttack wrote:
Albert was playing for the $$$$$ since it was his contract year.

And he's in a contract year this year too...
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:10 pm

He is holding out. Or he was.

The Eagles have a soild line as well they just signed Chris Clemmons who was an Oakland Raider who can play both Linebacker and DE.
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 pm

The Eagles have a soild line as well they just signed Chris Clemmons who was an Oakland Raider who can play both Linebacker and DE.

The Eagles line is solid not elite

They are all underachievers, with the exception of Trent Cole

(This is coming from me, and Eagles fanatic)
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:21 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:

Agreed I mean you guys had Javon K and Darren Howard which together made 90 million Laughing and got two or 4 sacks together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:22 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:

dont you mean..

"This coming from me, an Eagles fanatic."

?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Everything I am
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:25 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Vhawk413 wrote:

I would not say underrated, I would say finally rated right. He is a product of the system, just like Asante Samuel. Samuel is good, but he will not be as good in a different system. Like Jason David, I know that is not the greatest comparison, but still relevant, in Ind's system he was good, in NO's he is HORRIBLE

So what if he is a product of the system?, most players are products of the system they play in, that's why teams draft and sign players that fit their system.

Fact is, Richard Seymour is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league, so what if he isn't getting sacks?, he isn't really meant to get sacks, that's not his job, if you are going to judge a 3-4 DE on the amount of sacks they get, you are not a knowledgeable football fan

The Patriots have one of the best DLs in the league, 3-4, 4-3, 46, Cover 2, and so on and so fourth, they have one of the top DLs

In my opinion, in no real order, the top DLs in the league are

Minnesota (If Ray Edwards can produce, I mean, you shouldn't have to have 3 Pro Bowlers on your line until you start producing)

New Orleans (If Sedrick Ellis plays like he did in the Senior Bowl, last year was a terrible year for them, but they should rebound this year)

New York Giants (Their versitility and speed along the DL is amazing, they are the reason the Giants won the super bowl with the average and oft injured secondary)

Baltimore (So underrated, they are the most effective run stopping DL in the league)

Tenneessee (If Albert Haynesworth continues to be an absolute force on that line, they are guaranteed a top DL in the league, people will say "but Antwan Odom left in FA....", Odom is inconsequential and only had success because of Haynesworth and KVB, proved by the numbers and the footage, also, to add another point in there, in the three contests Albert Haynesworth missed, Tennessee surrendered 31.7 points per game. Their season average was 18.6. Haynesworth was incredibly dominant, almost single-handedly carrying the Titans into the playoffs.)

Jacksonville (Can be up there, Marcus Stroud was a loss, but Rob Meier and Derek Landri stepped in for injuries at DT last year and the line was still dominant, there is also a chance Paul Spicer *300+ pound DE* could move to the inside, it also doesn't hurt to add two DEs with first round grades to the DL {Groves only fell because of injuries - heart surgery})

Patriots (All Pros at both DE spots and at NT, Jarvis Green coming off the bench doesn't hurt either)
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:33 pm

[quote="eaglesfan90"]
eaglesfan90 wrote:

So what if he is a product of the system?, most players are products of the system they play in, that's why teams draft and sign players that fit their system.

Fact is, Richard Seymour is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league, so what if he isn't getting sacks?, he isn't really meant to get sacks, that's not his job, if you are going to judge a 3-4 DE on the amount of sacks they get, you are not a knowledgeable football fan

The Patriots have one of the best DLs in the league, 3-4, 4-3, 46, Cover 2, and so on and so fourth, they have one of the top DLs

Did I ever say it was due to the fact of amount of sacks Seymour got? No. 3-4 DE's do not get sacks, they stop the run and eat up blocks so LB's can run free. So don't say shit about me not knowing the difference in system. Fact is, Seymour has not produced like he is expected, and not just sacks. He is not what he used to be.

I know NE has one of the best DL's in the NFL. But no way is it the best DL. Probably not top 3. But 4-5 about IMO. MN, NYG, then NO, Jax depending on who's rookies produce. After that there is NE. NE could be three if Seymour gets back to him old self. Talk to any knowledgable football fan, Seymour is not what he used to be, still good but not top notch like he was. They could also be three is Ellis, Harvey and Groves do not produce like they are expected, which could happen
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:36 pm

As of now it is the Gaints are number one.

Then The Vikes.
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

dont you mean..

?

so when you get corrected you just ignore em? elephant
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:

I agree. The Eagles line is not top notch, but it definately is not too shabby either. Cole is a future stud, almost there already. And the rest do a solid job.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:

KGB is a good 3rd down guy who gets his sacks cuz ppl double on Kampman, Ryan Pickett is a monster run stuffer, sorta like Gilbert Brown was.. so dont say he sucks you silly canadian.

Corey Williams was a good pass and run guy before Thompson was homosexual and traded him cuz hes in love with the faggot named Justin Harrel...

Don't forget Cullen Jenkins tongue Career high 44 tackles last year cheers

And Sean, You know things are bad when ESPN classifys the Raiders losing Warren Sapp as a key loss.. sunny

You cant say our D line is bad when we had held AP to under 100 yards and had top 15 in the league in sacks and held all the other rbs under 80 yards a game all year

Warren Sapp was one of the best all-time DTs in the game, and the only DT better than a rock on the team when kelly went down. Hall was trying to convince sapp to come out of retirement. You might as well say rich gannon or jerry rice werent key loss' when they left the raiders. They were key players that left HUGE holes when they left (especially gannon, and holes that the raiders are still trying to fill). So of course hes gonna be a key loss, especially considering there were no other big losses for the raiders, who did they lose that was more important? Fabo who was gonna be a dime-back in the system? Or maybe lamont jordan when they inevitably let him go.
Just because a players old doesnt mean it sucks to lose them, Gannon put up career numbers when he was 36 (4689 yrds, 67.6%, 26 TDs, 10 INTs, 97.3 PA)
Jerry Rice put up great numbers when he was 40 (92 rec, 1211 yds, 7 TDs)
and when sapp was 34, he put up amazing numbers (47 tak, 10 sacks, 1 FF), last year he topped that tak number, he WILL be the biggest loss for the raiders and would probably have been the biggest loss for just about ANY team, especially with the other DT on a 1 year contract.

owned pl0x

and when its a thread about the best DL in the league, mentioning the packers is stupid, which was the point I was getting across.
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:42 pm

[quote="Vhawk413"]
eaglesfan90 wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

Did I ever say it was due to the fact of amount of sacks Seymour got? No. 3-4 DE's do not get sacks, they stop the run and eat up blocks so LB's can run free. So don't say shit about me not knowing the difference in system. Fact is, Seymour has not produced like he is expected, and not just sacks. He is not what he used to be.

I know NE has one of the best DL's in the NFL. But no way is it the best DL. Probably not top 3. But 4-5 about IMO. MN, NYG, then NO, Jax depending on who's rookies produce. After that there is NE. NE could be three if Seymour gets back to him old self. Talk to any knowledgable football fan, Seymour is not what he used to be, still good but not top notch like he was. They could also be three is Ellis, Harvey and Groves do not produce like they are expected, which could happen
I wasn't referring to you about the 3-4 DE sacks thing, someone earlier stated that. I know you are one of the more kowledgable football guys on here consdiering what you said earlier about the differences between 3-4 and 4-3 DLs, chilllllll man

Anyways, Seymour has fallen off the block a little bit, mostly due to injuries, but I still believe he is a top notch 3-4 DE, at least top 5-10
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:42 pm

I didnt ask for a quick history lesson on Past Raiders Sean, i was joking.

and its not stupid mentioning the Packers Dline. Its stupid blabing about Rich Gannon. pirat
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:44 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:

and its not stupid mentioning the Packers Dline. Its stupid blabing about Rich Gannon. pirat

HOW DARE YOU! GTFO MY INTERNETS pirat
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:47 pm

As of now it is the Gaints are number one.

Then The Vikes.

Justin Tuck
Osi Umenyoura
Michael Strahan
Barry Coefield
Fred Robbins

vs.

Kevin Williams
Pat Williams
Jared Allen
Ray Edwards/Erasmus James/Brian Robison

To me, this is a tough one, because in my opinions, Pat and Kevin Williams are the top 2 DTs in the league and Jared Allen is the #1 DE in the league, Osi is overrated, the Giants DTs are average to above average at best, Tuck is a great pass rusher, and Strahan's future is unforseen

I think I would take the Vikings just considering their absolute dominance at 3 of the 4 DL positions
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:47 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:

wtf, your the one who blabs about brett favre

Quote :
HOW DARE YOU! GTFO MY INTERNETS
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

PackersOwnAll wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

dont you mean..

?

It was inconsequential, people understood what I meant, I could care less if I was wrong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm

People seem to forget Richard Seymour played with a cast most of the regular season last year and the entire season the year before...that definetly limits his abilitys slightly...
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:07 pm

mksadng wrote:
People seem to forget Richard Seymour played with a cast most of the regular season last year and the entire season the year before...that definetly limits his abilitys slightly...
Exactly
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:

wtf, your the one who blabs about brett favre

Quote :
HOW DARE YOU! GTFO MY INTERNETS

Brett Favre > Rich Gannon

Plus i talk about him when thats the topic, i was talking about DEs and DTs and you start talkin about Rich Gannon..
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

dont you mean..

?

It was inconsequential, people understood what I meant, I could care less if I was wrong

geek
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:

Brett Favre > Rich Gannon

Plus i talk about him when thats the topic, i was talking about DEs and DTs and you start talkin about Rich Gannon..

Favre >>>>> Gannon
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:31 pm

mksadng wrote:

Seymour is so overrated... all Pats fans are like OMG your so stupid he takes two blockers... but really, i mean there are other guys who can do this too
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
SimsZilla
Veteran
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 801

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Seymour is so overrated... all Pats fans are like OMG your so stupid he takes two blockers... but really, i mean there are other guys who can do this too
hmmm interesting, pats fans arguing about the pats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best DL in the NFl
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: League Lounge :: NFL Discussion-
Jump to: