The Madden 360 Sim League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Madden 360 Sim League

The Madden 360 Sim League - The power is with you.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best DL in the NFl

Go down 
+4
SoxNats08
Everything I am
SilverNBlackAttack
Vhawk413
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:38 pm

jared allen should change his number to 92
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:44 pm

I dont know if there the best D-line though. I mean The Eagels and the Gaints have top D-lines

Im still thinking Gaints D-line>>>> Vikings D-line

Since New york has been a QB eating son of a beast.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
All-Pro
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 2659
Personalized field : Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

nah, im likin that 69
Back to top Go down
https://madden360league.forummotion.com
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:01 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

nah, im likin that 69

it sticks out like a sore thumb, 91 - 69 - 93- 94?

not to mention hes 26 and plays in the nfl, not 12 and playing football in his backyard.
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:08 pm

mksadng wrote:
Saints could have a top DL if Sedrick Ellis works out, DEs played bad last year because our DTs were HORRIBLE and our best DT Bryan Young was injured, Young and Ellis is going to make a MEAN DT tandem and Charles Grant and Will Smith are one of the best DE combos in the league.

you're a fucking saints fan? What happened to the Pats?
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Saints could have a top DL if Sedrick Ellis works out, DEs played bad last year because our DTs were HORRIBLE and our best DT Bryan Young was injured, Young and Ellis is going to make a MEAN DT tandem and Charles Grant and Will Smith are one of the best DE combos in the league.

Example of a
Band Wagon fan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Bandwagon1_1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:30 pm

Nerd85 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Always been a Saints fan...live in New Hampshire so I support the Patriots sorta but ive always been a Saints fan. Love the Saints but i support the Patriots since well I watch all their games, everyone I know is a Pats fan but my support of the Patriots has started to dwindle since spy gate and their alleged cheating in the super bowl

and yes Silver I bandwagoned onto the 7-9 Saints Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:32 pm

mksadng wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Always been a Saints fan...live in New Hampshire so I support the Patriots sorta but ive always been a Saints fan. Love the Saints but i support the Patriots since well I watch all their games, everyone I know is a Pats fan but my support of the Patriots has started to dwindle since spy gate and their alleged cheating in the super bowl

No I meant you band wagoned the Pats Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:34 pm

SilverNBlackAttack wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

No I meant you band wagoned the Pats Very Happy
Oh haha no favorite team is by far the Saints I just follow the Pats
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
he broke S's ankles
A lot of RBs can do that, if AD was running behind, like ATL's line, he wouldn't have had such a good year, that OL mauled opposing teams, and if AD is getting to the 2nd and 3rd level, that means the OL is doing their job well, I'm not taking anything away from AD, I just think you are undercutting the OL
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Packers Very Happy

Kampman baby Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm

PackersOwnAll wrote:
Packers Very Happy

Kampman baby Laughing

too bad everyone else sucks

thats like me saying

Raiders Very Happy

Burgess baby Laughing
Back to top Go down
SilverNBlackAttack
Pro-Bowler
SilverNBlackAttack

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
Packers Very Happy

Kampman baby Laughing

thats like me saying

Raiders Very Happy

Burgess baby Laughing

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nerd85
Veteran
Nerd85

Number of posts : 964

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:40 pm

Seymour--Underrated (no matter what Sox will tell ya)
Wilfork-- Best 3-4 DT in the NFL
Warren-- IMMENSLEY underrated

The Pats are the best because of their supieriority in the trenches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:13 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
Packers Very Happy

Kampman baby Laughing

thats like me saying

Raiders Very Happy

Burgess baby Laughing

Thats just stupid to say
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:27 pm

Nerd85 wrote:

No way. We have the best run stuffing DT's in the league. And the best pass rushing DE in the league, according to last year, who is also good at stopping the run and deflecting balls at the line. Then Ray Edwards who will have 8+ sacks this year on that line

Pats are good, but no 3-4 DL is the best in the NFL. Can't compare 3-4 to 4-3. The lines are meant for different reasons. Different gap assignments, different priorities. In 3-4 OLB's get a lot of sacks, and lineman meant to take up the blocks so LB's can roam free. In 4-3 DE's get the sacks.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Nerd85 wrote:

Wilfork is an amazing 3-4 DT
Warren is an immensly underrated DE

but seymour is the most overrated player on the pats and probably the most overrated in the nfl.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Pack4 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
Packers Very Happy

Kampman baby Laughing

thats like me saying

Raiders Very Happy

Burgess baby Laughing

Thats just stupid to say

cullen jenkins isnt that great, KGB is only a decent pass-rusher whos ridiculously overpaid, pickett sucks, harrell isnt proven and you guys lost corey williams,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

but seymour is the most overrated player on the pats and probably the most overrated in the nfl.
Uhhhh what? Nobody thinks Seymour is good anymore...He has 2 years where he doesnt get sacks and all of a sudden he sucks, hes so hated he HAS to be underrated now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:47 pm

Charles Grant-Brian Young-Sedrick Ellis-Will Smith could be a top DL in the league, Jared Allen had a great year no doubt but look at the past 4-5 years theirs always a DE who puts up HUGE sack numbers and most of them dont repeat their numbers next year...Jared Allen will get like 8-10 sacks next season
Back to top Go down
Vhawk413
Starter
Vhawk413

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:04 am

mksadng wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

Uhhhh what? Nobody thinks Seymour is good anymore...He has 2 years where he doesnt get sacks and all of a sudden he sucks, hes so hated he HAS to be underrated now.

I would not say underrated, I would say finally rated right. He is a product of the system, just like Asante Samuel. Samuel is good, but he will not be as good in a different system. Like Jason David, I know that is not the greatest comparison, but still relevant, in Ind's system he was good, in NO's he is HORRIBLE
Back to top Go down
PackersOwnAll
Pro-Bowler
PackersOwnAll

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
PackersOwnAll wrote:
Packers Very Happy

Kampman baby Laughing

thats like me saying

Raiders Very Happy

Burgess baby Laughing

KGB is a good 3rd down guy who gets his sacks cuz ppl double on Kampman, Ryan Pickett is a monster run stuffer, sorta like Gilbert Brown was.. so dont say he sucks you silly canadian.

Corey Williams was a good pass and run guy before Thompson was homosexual and traded him cuz hes in love with the faggot named Justin Harrel...

Don't forget Cullen Jenkins tongue Career high 44 tackles last year cheers

And Sean, You know things are bad when ESPN classifys the Raiders losing Warren Sapp as a key loss.. sunny

You cant say our D line is bad when we had held AP to under 100 yards and had top 15 in the league in sacks and held all the other rbs under 80 yards a game all year
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pung91

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
Nerd85 wrote:

I would not say underrated, I would say finally rated right. He is a product of the system, just like Asante Samuel. Samuel is good, but he will not be as good in a different system. Like Jason David, I know that is not the greatest comparison, but still relevant, in Ind's system he was good, in NO's he is HORRIBLE
No Seymour is not a product of the system...being a 3-4 DL is one of the toughest jobs in the league you cant be a product of a 3-4 DL, now if you said Mike Vrabel is a product of our system id agree because well he is, now that doesnt make him a bad player but he kicks ass in a 3-4 but in a 4-3 he wouldnt be close to the same player, now in comparison Richard Seymour would be a VERY good 4-3 DT as well as a good 3-4 DE. Our CBs are a product of our system because their allowed to jump routes with almost no consuquences...
Back to top Go down
Everything I am
Starter

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Vhawk413 wrote:

So what if he is a product of the system?, most players are products of the system they play in, that's why teams draft and sign players that fit their system.

Fact is, Richard Seymour is one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league, so what if he isn't getting sacks?, he isn't really meant to get sacks, that's not his job, if you are going to judge a 3-4 DE on the amount of sacks they get, you are not a knowledgeable football fan

The Patriots have one of the best DLs in the league, 3-4, 4-3, 46, Cover 2, and so on and so fourth, they have one of the top DLs

In my opinion, in no real order, the top DLs in the league are

Minnesota (If Ray Edwards can produce, I mean, you shouldn't have to have 3 Pro Bowlers on your line until you start producing)

New Orleans (If Sedrick Ellis plays like he did in the Senior Bowl, last year was a terrible year for them, but they should rebound this year)

New York Giants (Their versitility and speed along the DL is amazing, they are the reason the Giants won the super bowl with the average and oft injured secondary)

Baltimore (So underrated, they are the most effective run stopping DL in the league)

Tenneessee (If Albert Haynesworth continues to be an absolute force on that line, they are guaranteed a top DL in the league, people will say "but Antwan Odom left in FA....", Odom is inconsequential and only had success because of Haynesworth and KVB, proved by the numbers and the footage, also, to add another point in there, in the three contests Albert Haynesworth missed, Tennessee surrendered 31.7 points per game. Their season average was 18.6. Haynesworth was incredibly dominant, almost single-handedly carrying the Titans into the playoffs.)

Jacksonville (Can be up there, Marcus Stroud was a loss, but Rob Meier and Derek Landri stepped in for injuries at DT last year and the line was still dominant, there is also a chance Paul Spicer *300+ pound DE* could move to the inside, it also doesn't hurt to add two DEs with first round grades to the DL {Groves only fell because of injuries - heart surgery})

Patriots (All Pros at both DE spots and at NT, Jarvis Green coming off the bench doesn't hurt either)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best DL in the NFl   Best DL in the NFl - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best DL in the NFl
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Madden 360 Sim League :: League Lounge :: NFL Discussion-
Jump to: